Pathfinder 10.0.3 "looses" all files in directories?

steve elgar

30 Mar, 2021 08:24 PM

I have a MAC PRO running Big Sur 11.2.3 and PF 10.0.3. Lately, if I go to a directory by clicking it in a PF window, I get some info about the directory, but nothing inside the directory...no lists of the files. See attached screen shot.

I HAVE TWO PF WINDOWS OPEN, SIDE BY SIDE. and the window on one side shows all the files within ~/Desktop, whereas the window on the other side does not show the files in ~/Desktop, but shows "No Selection" a couple of times, and nothing else. I have to quit PF and restart to make it work.

Fails on every directory (folder) I try.

1. 1 Posted by dave.swofford on 01 Apr, 2021 04:07 PM

This is my second attempt to reply--not sure why the first didn't go through.

I'm just another user of PF trying to help, but I believe you may be getting confused by the "Preview" and "Info" module panes overlapping the second column of the column-view being shown on the right. If you grab the "||" control at the bottom of the scroll bar for the first column and drag right, I think the files you're expecting to see will appear.

2. 2 Posted by Steve Elgar on 01 Apr, 2021 04:33 PM

Dave,

Thanks.

Next time it happens, I will try that, but I think the problem is that I need to kill it and restart to see the files in the folders. I have clicked on a folder name in PF for many years, and this is the first time I was not able to see the files.

However, hopefully I was being dumb, so I will try your suggestion next time it happens.

Thanks for the hint, Steve

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 08 Apr, 2021 11:31 AM

Hi there, 

Mary from Path Finder support here!

First of all, please accept my apologies for such a delayed response. I understand how frustrating it might be not to receive any response for such a long time. I apologize and will make sure this won’t happen again.

Can you please specify if the following issue still persists once you update your Path Finder 10 to the latest version available, e.g. 10.0.3? I would appreciate if you can send the screen recording of the issue if the behavior persist.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

4. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 08 Apr, 2021 11:31 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac