Pathfinder 10 Dual Pane function

Joseph

25 Feb, 2021 08:12 AM

Similar question posed here: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/179291-split-bro... as well as here: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/182294-dual-brow.... Neither of these thread provides additional clarity or resolution. So I'll post again specific to my issue.

When I open the dual pane, the new panel on the right opens at the hard drive level. If I next select an item in the sidebar to facilitate the navigation in the newly open panel, the initial panel on the left jumps to that location. In previous versions of PF, specifically 7 and 8, the newly open panel was navigable from the sidebar. Not sure what changed, but I find the present method to be counterproductive to my work flow. Appreciate any insight here. thanks

I'm using Pathfinder 10.0.2 on Big Sur 11.2.1 on a 2015 MBP 15" Retina

1. 1 Posted by Joseph on 09 Apr, 2021 10:50 AM

Anyone? Surprising not to hear from support?

2. 2 Posted by Adolfo on 13 Apr, 2021 05:41 AM

I have the same problem. It's a bit annoying.

Did you get your problem solved?

3. 3 Posted by Joseph on 13 Apr, 2021 06:06 AM

No. Support never contacted me. Hopefully, the inability to work easily with both panels will be rectified in a future update. The current method is plain dysfunctional. On my iMac I continue to use PF9, which works with the 2 panels correctly.

4. 4 Posted by tosbsas on 15 Apr, 2021 11:46 PM

I don't see that behavior. Maybe cause I created tabs, but when I mark the right window and press any link on the side bar it opens there

5. 5 Posted by Joseph on 16 Apr, 2021 06:15 AM

Tosbsas,are you activating the right panel by the F1 Function key. when I do so, I cannot access its component parts via the sidebar. Clicking on a sidebar folder activates the navigation on the left panel.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac