In order for me to best assist you and try to reproduce the issue on my end, I would like to ask you to make a screen recording of the issue and send it to us.
You can check on how to record a video recording here. After doing so, please upload it to Google Drive, Dropbox or any other storage provider and send a link to me.
May I ask you to follow the instruction and check if the issue still persists:
Delete Path Finder and its traces via AppCleaner
Download the latest version of the app from our site
Launch Path Finder and move it to the Apps folder as the app suggests.
Please note that the uninstallation disregards all preferences you have set on your end. If you’d like to save them, make sure to navigate to the following path and copy both preference file and folder to the safe location.
This is a really annoying issue. I'm on Big Sur on a Macbook Air M1. There is no horizontal scrolling possible when in column view (I'm using a mac mouse). Makes me dread having to navigate through folder levels using PathFinder. I tried the above-mentioned reinstall, it did nothing. Please fix soon!
Could you send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application.
Here's how to get it:
1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
5. Click Save and save the sample file.
6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.
Thanks, guys. I'm not sure how the process file could help, but here you go. More importantly, I'm trying to upload a screen capture with my voiceover explaining the issue, but your website is giving me a 314 error, even though my video is well below your 10MB limit. Pls help!
@ChrisC, make sure to upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive and share with us the link to it. Adjust the share settings to Available to open to anyone with link, so it could be opened on our end.
Dragan on 24 Mar, 2021 06:03 PM
I've finally managed to reproduce this problem, I wasn't able to do it before. The problem comes from some changes Apple made to column view API and our custom modifications of column view (since it doesn't do everything we need out of the box).
The fix will be available in the next update release. In the form of beta it will be available even earlier, in a few days.
I assumed 10.0.3 (2089) was not the fixed version, since it arrived pretty much as soon as the 24 Mar post by Dragan and not a 'few days' later – and I'm not running the beta. Whatever the case, the bug isn't fixed in 10.0.3 for me either.