Upgraded to latest version, lost favorites

mhicks

26 Dec, 2020 02:51 PM

What a mess. After a year of nagging, I upgraded two weeks ago and now the favorites are gone. The solution is recovering .plist files.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 13 Feb, 2021 01:20 PM

Hi Mark,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

I am sorry for a delayed response. Right now we’re experiencing much higher amount of requests coming up and thus, it takes longer to respond to the queries received.

Can you please specify if the following behavior is still observed on your end? Usually, the Sidebar might revert to default if it is heavily modified and not saved.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 13 Feb, 2021 01:20 PM.

3. mhicks re-opened this discussion on 13 Feb, 2021 02:34 PM

4. 2 Posted by mhicks on 13 Feb, 2021 02:34 PM

Is there a way to recover a previously saved set of favorites? I gave up
    and moved to ForkLift, but I would be willing to give it another try.
    Mark

-------------------------------------
    Mark Hicks
    Mobile: 512-923-1031
    Linked-in: https://www.linkedin.com/in/markhicks/

5. 3 Posted by Paul Edwards on 25 Feb, 2021 06:17 PM

Since 10.0.2 update I have had this problem numerous times. PF does not remember the browser favorites, even though I "save" them now (but never previously had to do that.)

It happens often after a forced restart, and sometimes for no apparent reason at all.

Too many problems like this with recent PF versions!

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 08 Apr, 2021 01:05 PM

Hi Mark,

Maryana from Path Finder support team!

I have forwarded your email to our developers. Our developer is already reviewing this issue in order to reproduce this on his end and fix it.

If you’d like to save them, make sure to navigate to the following path and copy both preference file and folder to the safe location.

~/Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Path Finder/Settings (folder) ~/Users/your_username/Library/Preferences/com.cocoatech.PathFinder.plist (list) 

If the favorites are lost, replace the files in the same location with a previously saved files.

Please make sure to let us know if the following issue appears once again and send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file. This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application.

Here's how to get it:
    1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

7. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 08 Apr, 2021 01:05 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac