Dropbox Smart Sync and better Dropbox integration

loyed

14 Dec, 2020 03:59 PM

I think it's time to bring this up again. With version 10 out now and the last Smart Sync discussion I see in these forums a year ago (that was via a search), I think it's worth asking again when we can expect better Dropbox integration, especially SmartSync.

The feature list touts Dropbox integration but it is cursory at best. We have no SmartSync integration. We have no right+click Dropbox submenu. We don't even have the little sync icons we get in the Finder.

If these are api limitations we will never get then please let us know. Otherwise, it's another disappointing paid upgrade for Path Finder.

1. 1 Posted by loyed on 18 Dec, 2020 03:15 PM

No replies for the PF folks on this one? It's the biggest thing that keeps me out of PF for a lot of my Finder work these days.

2. 2 Posted by renard on 18 Jan, 2021 09:16 PM

I see it that way too. Pathfinder user for many years, but we will forego further upgrades. In our company, Dropbox is an integral part of important workflows.

3. 3 Posted by loyed on 25 Feb, 2021 04:22 PM

It feels like Path Finder is taking a big step backwards these days. It pains my soul as I've been using this thing for that feels like my whole life.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 06 Mar, 2021 02:36 PM

Hello everyone,
    Mary from Path Finder support here!

I am sorry for a delayed response. Right now we’re experiencing much higher amount of requests coming up and thus, it takes longer to respond to the queries received.

As you might know Dropbox integration does not solely depend on us. We are much eager to develop the integration further as we know for sure our users' workflows extensively rely on it. As Dropbox team does not want to collaborate and provide with the APIs needed for further integration, sadly, there's not much we can do.

We'll try to deploy any possible features if our developer finds it possible to develop without the APIs we need in the future.

Have a great day and stay safe!

Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder support team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 06 Mar, 2021 02:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac