Buggered viewer panel issue

Paul

24 Nov, 2020 08:34 AM

Was really hoping that Big Sur would solve this issue, but it seems as though Pathfinder needs an update.

This issue is a carry-over issue I reported some time ago. At the time, it was a blue viewer pane issue. With the latest OSX, it's a green viewer pane issue.

See attachment for specifics.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 27 Nov, 2020 11:23 AM

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out to Path Finder support team!

I'm afraid things aren't going to improve anytime soon regarding this module block. We'll probably remove it altogether in the next major version of Path Finder.

The thing is, the UI component, that provides Cover Flow has never been publicly available to developers outside Apple, but, like many others, we found a way to reverse-engineer it and include it in Path Finder. However, the whole (private) framework, which internal part Cover Flow is, is deprecated as of macOS 10.14 Mojave. Hence, it still worked there. But in further macOS version, Cover Flow exercises some weird behavior and it's impossible to track any pattern. For some users preview of flies in Cover Flow works fine all the time, for some it works fine but not always, for some it doesn't work at all, or is very jerky and with a lot of delays. And there's no way we can fix that. The whole mentioned private framework will probably be removed from the macOS at some point in the near future.

Hence, the next major version of Path Finder will probably support Cover Flow only on Mojave and earlier macOS versions. And in the future, it will be removed for good. It's not the version of Path Finder causing the problem, but the version of macOS.

I'm sorry I don't have anything better to say regarding this Cover Flow issue, but it is what it is.

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 27 Nov, 2020 11:23 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac