Side bar problem

SCHMITT

19 Nov, 2020 07:58 PM

I installed the latest version of pathfinder on mac Big Sur. I put the sidebar without problem. But when I open pathfinder again, the size of the sidebar gets smaller and smaller, is there a way to block it? I have the problem only with the left panel
Thank you

1. 1 Posted by Michael on 20 Nov, 2020 10:34 AM

Have the same problem

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2020 02:39 PM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 21 Nov, 2020 02:40 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 21 Nov, 2020 02:40 PM

Hi everyone,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

I want to ask you to do something to help us debug this issue, as we can't reproduce it:

1. Quit Path Finder and go to folder HOME_FOLDER/Library/Application Support/Path Finder/Settings. There, you'll see three files: settings9, settings9-shm and settings9-wal. Zip those three files in an archive and keep it somewhere.

2. Trash those three files. Then launch Path Finder and see whether it solved the problem. Please note this action will discard all your modules custom settings.

3. Quit Path Finder. The new versions of above mentioned setting files were created. Trash them too and extract archived files back. Launch Path Finder again and see if the problem still persist.

4. Regardless of whether the problem persists or not, remove almost all items from Favorites in your sidebar. Leave there only a few standard ones, let's say Home, Desktop and Documents. Then again relaunch Path Finder and see if the problem persist.

5. If the problem is still there, archive again now this new version (with the majority of sidebar items removed) of all three settings files in another archive and attach it here, so we can download it and investigate.

This should help us to trace the cause of the problem. You don't have to worry about privacy, those files don't contain any sensitive information, just your module settings (colors, font types and sized and similar).

Thanks for your time, effort and support.

Please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2020 02:40 PM.

6. jean.marc.schmitt re-opened this discussion on 21 Nov, 2020 02:50 PM

7. 3 Posted by jean.marc.schmi... on 21 Nov, 2020 02:50 PM

Hi

Thank you for your support. But after made this , doesn’t work, always problems with left sidebar

8. 4 Posted by Michael Krämer on 22 Nov, 2020 10:25 PM

The Problem ist not when just one left Sidebar exist.
    Only when the left & the right Sidebar ist used,

9. 5 Posted by jean.marc.schmi... on 23 Nov, 2020 11:56 AM

Sidebar on left side only or left and right, the problem is the same for me.

10. 6 Posted by Michael Krämer on 24 Nov, 2020 06:37 PM

@jean.marc.schmitt: "Sidebar on left side only or left and right, the problem is the same for me."

Yes thats right, now for me, too
    The Problkem is alway there.
    Best Regards Michael

11. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 27 Nov, 2020 12:28 PM.

12. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 27 Nov, 2020 12:30 PM

13. Support Staff 7 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 27 Nov, 2020 12:30 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for updating me on this.

Can you please provide me with the settings I have requested within the first instructions sent to you in the beginning of the discussion? They will help us debug this issue.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

14. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 27 Nov, 2020 12:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac