Path Finder update for Big Sur ?

paul_wilky76

17 Nov, 2020 08:54 PM

Hi there,

I am using macOS 11.0.1. and was wondering when Path Finder will be issuing an update, please?

I am having issues with the left sidebar every time I open a new browser and it's frustrating. See file attached.

Also, I can't seem to find how to save/open my sidebar preferences.

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by jimcamel on 18 Nov, 2020 03:42 PM

I can't see the gear wheel, either - but if you click where it used to be - you can pop p the dialog box and carry on. Needs a fix, eventually, though.

2. 2 Posted by paul_wilky76 on 18 Nov, 2020 04:34 PM

Thanks jimcamel. That's of some help! :)

3. 3 Posted by Michael Ellis on 19 Nov, 2020 06:49 PM

Similar problem here.

4. 4 Posted by Lordsnooty on 19 Nov, 2020 11:36 PM

Just correct everybody that is watching this discussion in that the "GEAR WHEEL" is missing but if you take your mouse and click on the left-hand side near to Sidebar the dialogue box will appear and then you can arrange the folders, devices, etc and then save them under settings.
    Hopefully, this very important issue will be fixed in the next update especially for Big Sur users like myself

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2020 02:24 PM.

6. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 21 Nov, 2020 02:26 PM

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 21 Nov, 2020 02:26 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue!

We've already submitted it to our developers, sorry for the inconvenience. The following cogwheel behavior is related to the macOS Big Sur update you might have made some time ago.

The cogwheel button, in fact, is present, however it is not visible on macOS Big Sur. If you can try to click in the left top corner of the module several, you might be able to display the Settings of the module itself.

Best Regards, 

Mary

Path Finder Support Team

8. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2020 02:26 PM.

9. paul_wilky76 re-opened this discussion on 21 Nov, 2020 03:25 PM

10. 6 Posted by paul_wilky76 on 21 Nov, 2020 03:25 PM

Thanks for your reply Mary.

There is one more issue.

In list mode, when you click on the right arrow to reveal the contents of the folder, there is an issue with the alternate row colours. You can see the issue better when in dark mode. The grey colour flashes to a lighter grey.

Please fix it. Thanks.

11. Support Staff 7 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 26 Nov, 2020 03:02 PM

Hi there,

I appreciate the additional feedback!

Can you please share with us a screenshot of the such occurrence, so I can include it within the escalation note?

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

12. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 26 Nov, 2020 03:02 PM.

13. paul_wilky76 re-opened this discussion on 26 Nov, 2020 05:24 PM

14. 8 Posted by paul_wilky76 on 26 Nov, 2020 05:24 PM

Hi Mary,

Please see attached, as requested. I can send you a video also if you need it.

Thanks
    Paul

15. 9 Posted by Kim horn on 27 Nov, 2020 08:48 AM

SO can we get a clear Statement from Cocoatech.
    Does pathfinder 9 work on Big Sure, can I upgrade now ?
    Given the many past issues with Mac changes and pathfinder not working can you please be honest about this.

16. 10 Posted by Lordsnooty on 27 Nov, 2020 10:07 AM

I agree with Kim horn are we going to get a clear statement from Cocoatech that all these issues with Pathfinder are going to be fixed in Big Sur? I have supported Pathfinder by upgrading to every new edition but this upgrade has been full of bugs I just would not recommend it to anyone. To be honest, I am so fed up with the faults/bugs in this version of Pathfinder I am thinking of removing the application. Don’t get me wrong Up to now I have been delighted with Pathfinder and it was my go to place for the replacement Finder but not with this version

17. 11 Posted by paul_wilky76 on 27 Nov, 2020 02:05 PM

I also fully agree with both Kim horn and Lordsnooty. I asked for a similar statement on your Facebook page 3 weeks ago and I got not reply. Simple questions:

1. Are you releasing a Big Sur version of Path Finder that will resolve all problems and bugs?
    2. If yes, when will it be issued? Give us a timeline? 1 week? 1 month? 6 months?
    3. If no, why not? And if not, you'd better not be expecting new users of this app to pay money for it if you're not going to support it for Big Sur!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screenshot_2020-11-15_at_10.03.27.png 502 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac