Path Finder update for Big Sur ?

paul_wilky76

17 Nov, 2020 08:54 PM

Hi there,

I am using macOS 11.0.1. and was wondering when Path Finder will be issuing an update, please?

I am having issues with the left sidebar every time I open a new browser and it's frustrating. See file attached.

Also, I can't seem to find how to save/open my sidebar preferences.

Thanks.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 08 Dec, 2020 12:12 PM.

2. Lordsnooty re-opened this discussion on 09 Dec, 2020 01:51 AM

3. 31 Posted by Lordsnooty on 09 Dec, 2020 01:51 AM

Does anyone know when the new Pathfinder 10 is going to be uploaded....I am using a Beta version of it called Version 10.0b11 (2080)......is this it? or is there another one coming? I'm a wee bit confused as Mary (from Support) said that the new Pathfinder was being issued on Tuesday 8 December whereas I got version 10.0b11 (2008) on Monday 7th December
    Thanks

4. 32 Posted by paul_wilky76 on 09 Dec, 2020 08:42 AM

The new full version 10 was not released yesterday even though Mary said it was going to be.

TBH, I'm not surprised they weren't able to issue v10 on the day they had committed to releasing it. Amazing!!

Maybe they found some new errors that need to be fixed before it is issued ! LOL

Hope v10 works better than their communications between their support and development teams!

5. 33 Posted by mark on 09 Dec, 2020 08:55 AM

Things I'd like to see in V10 (stolen from Fork Lift):

• Direct server connections e.g. Google Drive
    • Ability to duplicate tabs / open new tab in current folder
    • Multi-step rename with ability to save
    • Ability to save favourites

Things not in either app:

• Save settings

Things not in Forklift:

• Copy path (different options)
  6. 34 Posted by paul_wilky76 on 09 Dec, 2020 12:32 PM

I have updated to Version 10.0b12 (2081) but I see no difference from Version 10.0b11. Seems this is another beta?

All of the issues I reported on the previous beta apply to this new beta.

I was under the impression from Mary that some of these UI glitches were going to be fixed (in her last reply).

7. 35 Posted by paul_wilky76 on 09 Dec, 2020 12:45 PM

Hi Mary, I echo Lordsnooty's question.

When will the full version 10 be available as I've only seen 2 betas b11, and b12, and they are essentially the same. The same UI glitches in b11 are also in b12.

You said December 8th, but that has come and gone......

8. 36 Posted by Lordsnooty on 09 Dec, 2020 01:45 PM

paul_wilky76 ....just to let you know that I have also just (this moment) downloaded this version Version 10.0b12 (2081) which seems to be a Beta version and not as you and I expected the full update. of Pathfinder 10...I haven't a clue what is going on.

It seems to be a bit better than what we had before but if you say it still hasn't fixed your problems then it hasn't worked and maybe when the full version comes it will fix everything (but I wouldn't hold my breath).

In the meantime, I have downloaded the Free version of Forklift and it is working straight out of the box....it might not have all the bells and whistles of Pathfinder but it works on Big Sur. I personally think Big Sur is giving loads of problems for developers which Apple aren't owning up to....I now wish I hadn't been one of the early adopters of it because I now am getting freezes and random shutdowns every day at least once. Let's keep on Cocoatech case and get this fixed because there is no point in paying for something that isn't working correctly

Regards

Harry

9. 37 Posted by paul_wilky76 on 09 Dec, 2020 04:02 PM

Lordsnooty, make that V 10.0b13 (2083).......just installed and don't see any differences between this and V 10.0b11 (2080).

10. 38 Posted by arizonanorse on 09 Dec, 2020 05:33 PM

NEW beta update has problems!!! Biggest problem is that I can't scroll to the end of a list within a folder or even if a folder is open. Local folders, external hdd...the same.

11. 39 Posted by kimhorn on 09 Dec, 2020 07:45 PM

I posted on another topic that Cocoatech conveniently closed. So is the story that V9 is dead and will never work or Big Sur, and we are forced to pay for version 10 upgrade to move to Big Sur? But no one can work out if V10 works yet ?
    Also cocoatech this Form does not work on IPhone, the reCaptcha is not on the screen, and only half displays. In fact this site is not adaptive to small. Screens. Maybe software is not your strength ?

12. 40 Posted by paul_wilky76 on 09 Dec, 2020 11:47 PM

@kimhorn

PF V9 worked for me on Big Sur albeit there were a few bugs. Mary from Cocoatech support had announced last week that V10 would be out on 8th December which surprise, didn't happen. Instead, they've released three beta versions of V10 and while it looks a step up from v9, I've seen no difference at all in any of the betas. I've picked up a few UI issues (as noted above).

So the release of V10, maybe it is 8 December 2021?

13. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2020 12:01 PM.

14. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 10 Dec, 2020 12:03 PM

15. Support Staff 41 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 10 Dec, 2020 12:03 PM

Hi everyone,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

PF10, as promised, was uploaded to our server and website on Tuesday, 8th of December. However, indeed, our developers took some time testing the licensing workflows and once everything was settled, they were able to publish it on our end. 

If you encounter issues with the current version of Path Finder, please let us know and create a separate discussion for them, so we can address those issues in more constructive way. 

Have a great day!

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

16. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2020 12:03 PM.

17. paul_wilky76 re-opened this discussion on 10 Dec, 2020 12:21 PM

18. 42 Posted by paul_wilky76 on 10 Dec, 2020 12:21 PM

Hi Mary, thanks for that.

When I click on "check for updates", this is what I get......

19. 43 Posted by paul_wilky76 on 10 Dec, 2020 12:25 PM

Also, I've just read the blog and it says:

'Despite the pandemic, Path Finder 9 worked tirelessly on thousands of computers all over the world. It managed your files, it popped open it’s dual pane awesomeness, it let you move your modules where ever you wanted, all without a single complaint.'

without a single complaint......really?

Does whoever wrote that actually read any of the user posts on this discussion forum, your Facebook and twitter pages? Sorry, I'm not being awkward (I do love using PF) but this just made me giggle.

20. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2020 12:26 PM.

21. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 10 Dec, 2020 12:28 PM

22. Support Staff 44 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 10 Dec, 2020 12:28 PM

Hi,

We have not yet enabled the update option within the app itself due to some internal checkups still being in the process, therefore, to install PF10 please download it from our website and replace your beta version of the app.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

23. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2020 12:28 PM.

24. paul_wilky76 re-opened this discussion on 10 Dec, 2020 12:29 PM

25. 45 Posted by paul_wilky76 on 10 Dec, 2020 12:29 PM

OK thanks, will do.

26. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2020 12:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac