Open in Terminal toolbar regression - current PF location not passed to Terminal.app

Deb Lewis

17 Oct, 2020 04:29 PM

This has been broken for a while and there have been other reports. All software current: PF 9.4, macOS 10.157. PF prefs set to use Terminal.app. PF has full disk access permissions.

Terminal icon in the PF toolbar used to open a terminal session. In the past, terminal window was always opened based on the current location in the PF browser window from which launched. When a file or directory was selected, that [containing] directory location was used as the current working directory location for the new terminal session. If no selection, the root directory in the active the browser window/tab was used. i.e. the behavior of the system-wide services menu "New Terminal at Folder" and the PF command "Open in Terminal" when invoked from PF Commands menu.

Opening terminal from toolbar no longer behaves properly, always opens on user's home directory. Very very annoying, causes extra work every time I need to work in terminal window in a specific directory I'm looking at in PF, and I do this a LOT.

1. 1 Posted by Deb Lewis on 17 Oct, 2020 04:39 PM

Correction: Open In Terminal from PF Commands menu or when added to Context menu is just plain broken, as well as from toolbar as in the initial problem report. Only ever opens on my home directory. System-wide Services menu "New Terminal at Folder" works correctly from PF. Need the PF "Open in Terminal" command to operate correctly and consistently from all invocation points: Commands menu, context menu, toolbar.

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 19 Oct, 2020 08:37 AM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 19 Oct, 2020 08:38 AM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 19 Oct, 2020 08:38 AM

Hi there,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

Our developer has removed the feature where Terminal app starts in the current directory you are at several versions ago due to the fact that it messed with Terminal's commands history, however, our developer is planning to roll this feature back in the upcoming versions. 

As much as we want to do it faster, some features are interconnected with another parts of Path Finder that would be required to be re-written to make it feasible to use.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 19 Oct, 2020 08:38 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac