[2/] What happened to "logical" / non-numeric lexicographical / pure alphanumeric / pure UCA sorting?

Jivan Pal

16 Sep, 2020 05:51 PM

This is a continuation of this ticket: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/161198

A response was given there, asking for more info, but the ticket was closed immediately after that response was given, so I could not reply there... In particular:

Can you please specify if the following issue still persists once you update your Path Finder 9 to the latest version available, e.g. 9.4?

Yes, the issue is still present in Version 9.4 (2057).

To clarify, the desired behaviour is, for example, that where Finder sorts the following items in the following order:

• item-1
  • item-2
  • item-12

... Path finder does the same, but I believe there was previously on option to sort lexicographically (according to the Unicode Collation Algorithm), i.e. so that those items would be listed in Path Finder in the following order:

• item-1
  • item-12
  • item-2

Regards,
Jivan Pal

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 17 Sep, 2020 11:57 AM

Hi Jivan,

The forum is integrated with our CRM system and it automatically closes tickets after each reply.  Every new reply reopens it, so other users should be able to comment and subscribe to your thread regardless its status. Next time, please simply respond to the original discussion as it will re-open automatically and inform us about your response once it is posted.

It might be that the following option to sort according to the Unicode Collation Algorithm was present in the legacy versions of Path Finder, at this moment being in the newer versions that were re-written almost from the scratch we use only the algorithm Finder uses. Nevertheless, I'll pass your feedback to our developer, so he can consider implementing it further down the road.

Should you have anything else you’d like to address, do not hesitate to let us know!

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Sep, 2020 11:57 AM.

3. Jivan Pal re-opened this discussion on 17 Sep, 2020 05:25 PM

4. 2 Posted by Jivan Pal on 17 Sep, 2020 05:25 PM

The forum is integrated with our CRM system and it automatically closes tickets after each reply. Every new reply reopens it,

Unfortunately, the prior ticket doesn't show a reply form like this one does; it simply shows: "Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one."

[...] in the newer versions that were re-written almost from the scratch we use only the algorithm Finder uses. [...] I'll pass your feedback to our developer, so he can consider implementing it further down the road.

Good to know, thanks for your response!

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 18 Sep, 2020 07:15 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac