Losing favorites

Dean

27 Aug, 2020 10:15 PM

Hi,

I saw the post and answer on losing favorites, but this is not a new issue. The product has had this issue for years. Can you please fix this item once and for all. I have been buying upgrades for years hoping to get this fixed and get tired of having to recreate them.

Thank you

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 28 Aug, 2020 07:23 AM

Hi Dean,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

First of all, I am sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. 

Our developer is aware of this issue and is working hard on resolving this in the nearest future, however, due to its nature and different ways of loss it takes longer to test, investigate and fix the issue. Nevertheless, this is one of the top cases for us, as we do have a lot of reports on this matter.

If you have any specific action set you perform to lose your favorites, let us know as it might be important for us to faster debug this issue.

Should you have anything else you'd like to address, please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 28 Aug, 2020 07:23 AM.

3. dean re-opened this discussion on 28 Aug, 2020 02:04 PM

4. 2 Posted by dean on 28 Aug, 2020 02:04 PM

Hi Mary,

The frustration is that this issue did not exist in v6 of the product which is the first version I believe I purchased. It has been there since v7 so this bug has existed for years without it being fixed. I am glad it is at the top of the list, but surprised it is taking this long. I work at a software company so I'm familiar with the process.

In terms of when it happens its seemingly random. This last time I think Finder restarted itself because it was acting very slowly when I was trying to eject an external usb hard drive. Pathfinder was not open at the time. Then the next time I launched it, the favorites were gone again.

Dean

5. 3 Posted by Brian on 28 Aug, 2020 03:10 PM

I'm having the same issue. Favorites disappear when the computer shuts down (or crashes). I've seen this before in previous versions and it ultimately has gone away with updates. Disappointed to see this issue resurface.

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 29 Aug, 2020 11:59 AM.

7. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 29 Aug, 2020 12:01 PM

8. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 29 Aug, 2020 12:01 PM

Hi everyone, 

I am very sorry that this issue still keeps arising when you use Path Finder.

Could you send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file once the following issue comes back? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application.

Here's how to get it:
    1. Open Path Finder and reproduce / experience the problem.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Thank you for your effort and understanding!

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 29 Aug, 2020 12:01 PM.

10. Dean Thompson re-opened this discussion on 04 Mar, 2022 08:43 PM

11. 5 Posted by Dean Thompson on 04 Mar, 2022 08:43 PM

Can someone actually fix my licensing issue.  I have a v10 license and the previous upgrade removed my licensing when it installed and asked to put my license in again.  When I did, it told me it expired despite the fact that I had a perpetual license for v10.  My license key is below.

License key:  PFM-5fe0ebabd3c82

Even so, I paid you for a subscription and though I have the receipt, you haven’t sent any licensing information.  I can’t create an account because the reset password function does not work. 

Soon the trial period will expire and I’ve paid for the product now twice.

Date: Friday, August 28, 2020 at 9:04 AM
    To: <[email blocked]>
    Subject: RE: Cocoatech Support

Hi Mary,

The frustration is that this issue did not exist in v6 of the product which is the first version I believe I purchased. It has been there since v7 so this bug has existed for years without it being fixed. I am glad it is at the top of the list, but surprised it is taking this long. I work at a software company so I'm familiar with the process.

In terms of when it happens its seemingly random. This last time I think Finder restarted itself because it was acting very slowly when I was trying to eject an external usb hard drive. Pathfinder was not open at the time. Then the next time I launched it, the favorites were gone again.

Dean

12. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 04 Mar, 2022 09:09 PM.

13. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 04 Mar, 2022 09:10 PM

14. Support Staff 6 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 04 Mar, 2022 09:10 PM

Hi Dean,

If you purchased Path Finder 10 less than a year ago, the new Path Finder will run using your License key until you reach the one-year mark. 

As you have purchased PF10 license over than a year ago, the app won’t be able to use this license further on. In this case, you would need to switch to our subscription type of model to continue using Path Finder further. Alternatively, you can remain using Path Finder 10 with your PF10 license forever by re-installing the corresponding version here: https://get.cocoatech.com/PF10.dmg

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

15. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 04 Mar, 2022 09:10 PM.

16. Dean Thompson re-opened this discussion on 04 Mar, 2022 09:51 PM

17. 7 Posted by Dean Thompson on 04 Mar, 2022 09:51 PM

Hi Mary,

I have replied to you multiple times on this and you still do not understand my issue.

This is so frustrating. I bought a perpetual license of the product which legally means I own that forever. You should not have an upgrade to a perpetual license replace it with a subscription product without the consent of your customer. This is a material violation of your license agreement.

Even with that, I DID buy a new subscription and got a receipt (attached) but NO license for it. It simply says the subscription is active but gives no way to activate it.

The problem is on your end. Please fix it.

Dean

On 3/4/22, 3:10 PM, "Path Finder Support Team" <[email blocked]> wrote:

Subject: Losing favorites

Hi Dean,

If you purchased Path Finder 10 less than a year ago, the new Path Finder will run using your License key until you reach the one-year mark.

As you have purchased PF10 license over than a year ago, the app won’t be able to use this license further on. In this case, you would need to switch to our subscription type of model to continue using Path Finder further. Alternatively, you can remain using Path Finder 10 with your PF10 license forever by re-installing the corresponding version here: https://get.cocoatech.com/PF10.dmg

Best Regards,
        Mary
        Path Finder Support Team

View this discussion at our support site online: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/171956-losing-favorites

---

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

If you'd like to unsubscribe and stop receiving these emails click here: https://u7455.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/unsubscribe?upn=bqtzk9tpwqO0ZPcf2PmLGm7cD6Sp-2BAHaLwqF4XnvXANdxGlOxrSX0XkzydbsGTqRedvIcl2CcAZW8t4wUBpcIMQ7rQ1cEyaQOdbWp61t3U5yIiRS47b0-2BQNCYcWisnYppsFOfI4-2BYWUMnSDE487SRzHKXkmQvuJoEXZLCDhfp7wF4WnVb9T8OEiy7lXhw-2FD94Znf-2FWgtOqyQjiEWAdsJvp0Xgyh5N1hyKobwdhi1SUo-3D.

18. Support Staff 8 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 14 Apr, 2022 07:49 PM

Hi Dean,
    I am sorry for such a delayed response. We receive a higher amount of queries right now which makes it harder to respond to everyone in a timely manner.

Please note that we do not auto-upgrade you by default. I believe you have an auto-update option checked on (within your upgrade popup). You can always remain using Path Finder 10 with your PF10 license forever by re-installing the corresponding version here: https://get.cocoatech.com/PF10.dmg

To turn off automatic updates, in Terminal.app execute:
    defaults write com.cocoatech.PathFinder SUEnableAutomaticChecks NO

That should disable automatic update checks, manual checks will still work.

Please note that if you delete your preference file and let Path Finder create a fresh copy on next launch, the update behavior will be back again, and you’ll need to execute that command again.

Should you have anything else you’d like to address, please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

19. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 14 Apr, 2022 07:49 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac