Are PF9 Users Happy they Upgraded From Earlier Versions? Especially from PF8?

jonathanmcq

29 Jul, 2020 01:44 AM

Greetings All,

I'm one of the many PF8 Users who got fed up and refused to upgrade. Are people happy they stayed? Also, if I did decide to give PF9 a try, will it work beyond one year, or is there some kind of subscription catch that limits my license. Thanks!!

1. 1 Posted by andrew.connecte... on 29 Jul, 2020 10:45 AM

I hated PF8 and quit Cocoatech, but such was the excellence of earlier versions of PF that I was drawn back into the fold when 9 came out, but I found it so buggy and degraded that I had to quit it again. Right now I’m just using the Finder, and though its functionality is off-puttingly limited, at least it’s stable. I will continue to keep an eye on Cocoatech and cruise by the website from time to time. I still hope for a return to the old excellence that made me recommend it to others and hold it in high regard, but, people, you’ve GOT to do better than this. I don’t know what it is you’re doing or not doing that has led to the downfall of this once-fine product, but something essential and internal to your company has got to change, and the sooner the better. I have a feeling you know what the remedy is, but find the thought of it so painful that you resist taking action. To which I would say, “Just do it. Whatever it is, do what you need to do.”

2. 2 Posted by peisenmann on 29 Jul, 2020 01:29 PM

I loved PF7 - used it as my Finder, didn't upgrade to PF8, then got PF 9. Installed it and the gear menu to all of my personal sidebar set-ups wouldn't ever load, the application was buggy from the start. HATED IT. Downgraded to PF7 and I am functioning as I was. Very disappointed with PF9 and would like a refund. Just haven't gotten around to asking yet. I guess that I am hoping for a bug fix in PF9 that will restore basic functionality and allow me to use my custom sidebars.

3. 3 Posted by hr on 31 Jul, 2020 12:38 AM

Upgraded from version 8 and be very happy with the current v9.3.5. Pathfinder is working like in old days without any problems on my machines (MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave)

4. 4 Posted by jonathanmcq on 02 Aug, 2020 01:20 AM

Thanks for input, sincerely appreciated.

Anybody having problems with PF9 using Mojave 10.14.6?

Thanks again,
    Jonathan

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac