license stolen, upgrade forced, bugs not fixed

Eric DP

25 Jul, 2020 01:55 AM

You still haven't fixed a bug where files copied from APFS get deleted on both ends, I reported this years ago when you asked for money to upgrade. I since paid. Bug not fixed. I refused the current upgrade, and nevertheless a "free trial" button appeared. This is basically fraud. I am about to report this.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 27 Jul, 2020 06:30 AM

Hi Eric,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

I am sorry for the inconveniences you've had. We'd like to help you out with everything you have reported.

Can you please specify what is PF version you use? As I can see on my end, you only have PF8 license linked to your email. Please note that if you updated to PF9 your PF8 license would not be valid and you would need to revert to PF8 to continue using it.

If you have purchased PF9 license, make sure to relaunch your app and activate your license again as sometimes if there were no internet connection while license authentication took place it might have logged you off.

As for the APFS, can you please elaborate on this issue as unfortunately, I don't see any discussions opened by you linked to this email.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 27 Jul, 2020 06:30 AM.

3. Eric Doughty-Papassideris re-opened this discussion on 27 Jul, 2020 02:40 PM

4. 2 Posted by Eric Doughty-Pa... on 27 Jul, 2020 02:40 PM

Hello Mary,
      I'm on 8.6, and despite having deactivated "check for updates automatically" it used to pop up the sales pitch for version 9 regularly, since a reboot the "Free trial" thing in the top right appeared.
      The APFS issue is here https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/126354-issue-moving-files-from-afpfs-to-exfat?anon_token=2e000784a
      Also the support website does not allow responding without creating an account - very annoying.
    Regards

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac