Thomas

30 Jun, 2020 06:44 AM

Version 9.3.5 (2054)

Steps to reproduce:

Connect to share drive with Go To --> Connect to Server
Select the connected volume
Make sure quick view is active
Select a file on the share drive that is supported by quick view
Close the tab, that shows the volume, make sure the no other file content is shown in quick view - e.g. just a folder icon is shown directly after you close the tab.
Try to eject - this will fail with error -47
Select a file that is also supported by quick view, but not on the share volume.
Try to eject again - success.

Conclusion: Quick view keeps the file on the share open - even in the quick view window does not show it - eject fails. Only if quick view shows the content of another file, the previously opened file on the share is closed and eject is successful.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 30 Jun, 2020 07:01 PM

Hi Thomas, 

First of all, thanks for reporting such issue.

In order for me to escalate this further, I would like to ask you to make a screen recording of the issue and send it to us.

You can check on how to record a video recording here. After doing so, please upload it to Google Drive, Dropbox or any other storage provider and send a link to me.

Additionally, please send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application.

Here's how to get it:
    1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 30 Jun, 2020 07:01 PM.

3. Thomas Zwick re-opened this discussion on 02 Jul, 2020 07:26 AM

4. 2 Posted by Thomas Zwick on 02 Jul, 2020 07:26 AM

Dear Mary,

Attached please find the sample file.

Please download the screen video here: http://www.tz-software.de/videos/video.mov <http://www.tz-software.de/videos/video.mov> (it’ll be there for max. 20 days)

regards
    Thomas

> Am 30.06.2020 um 21:01 schrieb Path Finder Support Team <[email blocked]>:
    >
    > From: Path Finder Support Team (Cocoatech Support)
    > Subject: Eject volume (share drive) fails with Error -47
    >
    > Hi Thomas,
    >
    > First of all, thanks for reporting such issue.
    >
    > In order for me to escalate this further, I would like to ask you to make a screen recording of the issue and send it to us.
    >
    > You can check on how to record a video recording [here](https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208721). After doing so, please upload it to [Google Drive](drive.google.com), [Dropbox](dropbox.com) or any other storage provider and send a link to me.
    >
    > Additionally, please send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application.
    >
    > Here's how to get it:
    > 1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    > 2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    > 3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    > 4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    > 5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    > 6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    > 7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.
    >
    > Looking forward to your reply!
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Mary
    > Path Finder Support Team
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > View this discussion at our support site online: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/169284-eject-volume-share-drive-fails-with-error-47
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 02 Jul, 2020 12:37 PM

Hi Thomas,

Could you send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application.

Here's how to get it:
    1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 02 Jul, 2020 12:37 PM.

7. Thomas Zwick re-opened this discussion on 02 Jul, 2020 03:11 PM

8. 4 Posted by Thomas Zwick on 02 Jul, 2020 03:11 PM

Dear Mary,

I thought, I have attached the file already in my last answer. I created a new one:

9. Support Staff 5 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 03 Jul, 2020 04:41 PM

Hi Thomas, 

I am sorry, it seems like I have missed it! Thank you!

I have forwarded your email to our developers. It may take some time to investigate the details of the issue. 

Be sure to let us know should any additional questions arise. 

Best Regards, 
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

10. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 03 Jul, 2020 04:41 PM.

11. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 03 Jul, 2020 05:50 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac