PF9 forgets to load my Favorites

pathfinder

26 Jun, 2020 10:33 AM

PF9.3.5 on macOS 10.15.5:

Issue still exists:

I start up Path Finder, and it completely forgets all my Favorites. Empty.
Sometimes, even without me touching the computer, they magically re-appear after a few seconds or minutes.
Sometimes not, like just now.

I sorry to say, but this is one of the most grave bugs I have ever encountered. Without my Favorites, I cannot work or use Path Finder.

1. 1 Posted by pathfinder on 26 Jun, 2020 10:36 AM

Screenshot. My Sidebar Settings are all there, just the Favorites are missing!

2. 2 Posted by pathfinder on 26 Jun, 2020 10:38 AM

Update: The Favorites all re-appear when you drag a random object into the seemingly empty Favorites list.

So it seems this is a display problem, the Favorites are there but not displayed, until refreshed by inserting a new object into the Favorites list.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 26 Jun, 2020 04:46 PM

Hi Eric,

In order for me to best assist you and look into this further, I would like to ask you to make a screen recording of the issue and send it to us.

You can check on how to record a video recording here. After doing so, please upload it to Google Drive, Dropbox or any other storage provider and send a link to me.

Additionally, send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application.

Here's how to get it:
    1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

4. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 26 Jun, 2020 04:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac