Feature request: Provide optional groups for Favorites (provide a tree structure for Favorites)

TheBloke

24 Jun, 2020 08:43 AM

Hello,

I've been a Path Finder user for a few years, and greatly appreciate the software; it's vastly better than Finder. There are a few things that I would love to see implemented for the future, which would make my workflow even better. I'll mention the first of these here, and maybe post some more in future if that's OK.

Request: Please allow the creation of groups/folders in the Favorites sidebar, ie, allow Favorites to (optionally?) be a tree structure, rather than only a flat list. Allow the user to create any number of groups, which can be twirled open/closed and can contain any number of favorite locations. Favorites could be dragged in and out of a group, and the user could right-click and choose "Create new group" and "Delete group".

My Favorites list is getting pretty long, and I keep finding new locations I want to add to it. The problem I have is that there's no way to make a structure from this favorites list. I try and order it appropriately, but with nearly 40 favorites, I often find it hard to quickly find the one I want, especially as I add or remove some and the order changes.

If I could group this list, I could more easily navigate my Favorites, and use it even more than I do now. I might have a group per current project, nesting several individual folders I regularly use for that project. I'd also have a group for each of my network drives, under which I would put the common folders I need from that drive. And so on.

I am sure this would greatly aid my navigation around Path Finder, and also I hope would not be too complex to implement.

Thanks very much.

1. 1 Posted by TheBloke on 24 Jun, 2020 08:47 AM

PS. Apologies if this is not the right place to post this. When I posted it, I got a KB article indicating feedback should go to another site (feedback.cocoatech.com) However that link is 404.

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 26 Jun, 2020 07:56 AM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 26 Jun, 2020 07:58 AM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 26 Jun, 2020 07:58 AM

Hi there,

Thank you for the suggestion!

No worries, it is the right place! I have forwarded your message to our developers as a feature request for consideration so that it could be considered to be implemented in one of our future cycles. 

We appreciate your continued support of Path Finder! Make sure to let us know should any further questions/ideas arise. 

Best regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 26 Jun, 2020 07:58 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac