Mixing Icon view, Columns or list navigation in one window/one path

javier

23 Jun, 2020 09:32 AM

I think nobody can't deny that the faster way to navigate trough folders is in COLUMNS view or LIST view, the problem here is when you work with media files and for you the icon preview is very very importatn so you need to navigat in ICON view, what is very annoying and slow process.

I can't understand how is possible, 20 years after first Finder navigating system was presented, there has no been any improvements at all in this sense. Why is not posible to pin a view mode to one folder so when you navigate trough it, it appears always in that view mode, no matter if you are in columns as default.

This would save tons of time switching from one view mode to another or having all advantages in one system.

Something as in the example would be the solution over "carrusel" "cover flow" or "gallery view" neither or them are useful at all.

1. 1 Posted by javier on 23 Jun, 2020 09:37 AM

this way you can navigate in columns view always, but each column would be represented as "ICON" "LIST" or just "COLUMN" view as the user set them in the preferences each folder

2. 2 Posted by javier on 23 Jun, 2020 09:40 AM

this navigation option would be different from "COLUMNS" it would be the 5th option something as "CUSTOM COLUMNS" or something, so default "COLUMNS" view would behave as it's been since 20 years ago, when bulbs were tungsten and cars had wooden wheels…

3. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 25 Jun, 2020 10:47 AM.

4. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 25 Jun, 2020 10:48 AM

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 25 Jun, 2020 10:48 AM

Hi Javier,

Thank you for the suggestion! 

Indeed, we have not developed such feature, as it was not chosen for the development plan as urgent or most request feature. 

Nevertheless, as I believe this might be a great feature request, I have forwarded your message to our developers as a feature request for consideration so that it could be implemented in one of our future cycles.

We appreciate your continued support of Path Finder! Make sure to let us know should any further questions or ideas arise. 

Best regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 25 Jun, 2020 10:48 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac