Sidebar settings

reg

22 Jun, 2020 12:35 PM

I see the same problem as described here and have done so for a year or two. It's very irritating to have to "redo" all the settings for the sidebar.

I don't see any pattern to this, it happened just a few minutes ago just because I restarted my Mac. When PF crashes the sidebar settings are reset most times. But there is no general pattern and I can't repeat it - if this bug can't be found/fixed it would be nice to be able to save the settings so a reset wouldn't cause me to spend my time setting up everything the way I like again.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 23 Jun, 2020 08:18 PM

Hi Jan,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

I apologize for the inconveniences you've had. The issue of loss of Favorites is already reported to our developer, and we'll make sure to address it in the next releases.

In the meantime, we would highly suggest saving your modules settings. You can do so by clicking on cogwheel of Sidebar > clicking on Settings drop-down button at the bottom > Save.

Then, copying your preferences folder and the file within it to your Desktop, for example.

~/Library/Application Support/Path Finder/Settings (folder) ~/Library/Preferences/com.cocoatech.PathFinder.plist (file) 

If the next loss occurs, you would be able to restore it within the following location by copying the folder with the preference file to the corresponding place.

Please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 23 Jun, 2020 08:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac