Location of files in a folder

Alex

28 May, 2020 12:10 PM

I have the location of files in a folder by name in alphabetical order. Sometimes a program changes the location of files in a folder by name: the alphabetical order turns into the reverse alphabetical order. I always want have the alphabetical order in all my folders. Please help solve the problem.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 29 May, 2020 03:48 PM

Hi Alex,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

I'd like to assure you that program would not change the display of your View options unless it was changed manually. Rarely the crashes might occur that revert the display of View options to default, however, this should not be the case. 

In this situation I would highly suggest checking your View Options by navigating to Path Finder > click on Window option in the Menu Dock > Show View Options (or click Command + J) and make sure the settings are set appropriately. 

Additionally, make sure that you have set the following options for all windows as otherwise, it would be set only to the window that is opened at the moment in Path Finder. To change the display setting of this kind make sure to toggle the switch at the top of the Show View Options pop-up.

Please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 29 May, 2020 03:48 PM.

3. Alex re-opened this discussion on 30 May, 2020 04:25 PM

4. 2 Posted by Alex on 30 May, 2020 04:25 PM

how to spread the setting for all windows?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 01 Jun, 2020 06:30 AM

Hi Alex,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

To adopt the display setting for all windows make sure to toggle the switch at the top of the Show View Options pop-up.

Please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 01 Jun, 2020 06:30 AM.

7. Alex re-opened this discussion on 07 Jun, 2020 11:51 PM

8. 4 Posted by Alex on 07 Jun, 2020 11:51 PM

Thank you for help! I did everything as you said. But the problem has not been resolved. By the coincidence of some events (reboot, sleep, connecting a hard drive, etc.), the names in the folders begins to locate in the reverse order (back to the alphabet). I work in Russian. May be it is related to this. As soon as I change the sequence of properties in the correct order (as you indicated), everything works well. However, something happens and the order of the files changes again. Without my efforts.

9. Support Staff 5 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 08 Jun, 2020 05:57 AM

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting back to us and clarifying!

If the following issue will get back and the settings will revert, make sure to send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file. This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application.

Here's how to get it:
    1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem (before and after reverting settings). If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

10. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 08 Jun, 2020 05:57 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac