Label color luminosity sliders

Kirby Krieger

27 May, 2020 04:09 PM

The just-added label color luminosity (and hue selectors) are GREAT. Thanks.

I work with color. I welcome ways to control (almost always to soften/lighten/de-saturate) the interface. V. well done. Bravo! 👏 .

1. 1 Posted by nick on 29 May, 2020 08:55 AM

Hi, I would like to add my thanks to Cocoatech for beginning to address the long-awaited return to control over label color that was present in V7.

This is a good start and a demonstration of feasibility; I am genuinely grateful. But. The reason I say "beginning to address" is that the range of adjustment is very narrow, and the colors throughout the range are very intense. I would really appreciate the option to mute the colours, i.e. adjust saturation; this is actually more significant to me than brightness, though nice to have both.

Providing separate controls for light and dark themes is great, and I can see that adding yet another control would double the size of the settings window, but perhaps the light and dark options could be separated into two tabs in the same window: most users will stick to one or the other, so are only really concerned with one half of the options at a time, whereas the saturation/brightness controls would need to be considered simultaneously.

If saturation controls arrived in 9.3.4 it would be a real pleasure finally to take advantage of my PF9 upgrade.

2. 2 Posted by Kirby Krieger on 29 May, 2020 11:11 AM

I agree with Nick. I spoke too soon — I had adjusted the luminosity using the sliders, and assumed the color-tiles to the left were color-pickers one could activate to set hue and saturation. I was wrong — they are no more than swatches that display the current luminosity setting. I, too, hope complete control of label colors is added soon (user-settable hue, saturation, and luminosity).

Good suggestion, too. Separate tabs for the themes Light and Dark.

3. 3 Posted by nick on 29 May, 2020 02:48 PM

I can't resist pointing out that the GUI complications only arise because you don't trust your users not to get muddled about custom colors. The simplest solution was always to allow users to select their own colours via the system color palette, as in PF7. You even had a Restore Default button as an escape hatch for the irretrievably muddled.

4. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 29 May, 2020 05:28 PM.

5. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 29 May, 2020 05:30 PM

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 29 May, 2020 05:30 PM

Hi everyone,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

Indeed, we have started developing the label color option just recently; there're more things to implement, but I think we're on the right track here!

I have passed your feedback to our developer, so he can consider implementing it further down the road.

Please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

7. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 29 May, 2020 05:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac