Onedrive / Dropbox integration

Tolga

25 May, 2020 06:19 PM

I've seen lots of threads requestion for Onedrive integration, already since years. But it still doesn't seem to be here. Lots of people are using Onedrive day in day out and it's important to quickly sync/unsync and share files or open them on the web and see their sync status.
Why is it so difficult to enable these features as a context menu like in Finder? I can't imagine the APIs to be so hard to integrate..

I really like Path Finder and I would love to use it more, but these missing features are really causing trouble, so we're going back to Finder.

Thanks for your answer on this and hopefully you manage it to make these features available soon.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 26 May, 2020 10:00 AM

Hi Tolga,

Thanks for reaching out to Path Finder support team!

A good deal of integrations depends on whether we can access the APIs of these third-party companies we want establish integration with. Many of provided APIs don't offer the full functionality and some specific features of native applications are restricted making it impossible for our developer to adopt the integration.

Additionally, the collaboration between us and the OneDrive team is required to make sure everything works how it should. Unfortunately, it is not possible at this moment.

Nevertheless, I will pass your feature request to our developer.

Please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 26 May, 2020 10:00 AM.

3. Tolga Tutel re-opened this discussion on 26 May, 2020 06:56 PM

4. 2 Posted by Tolga Tutel on 26 May, 2020 06:56 PM

Dear Path Finder Support Team

Thank you very much for your answer. I understand the complications of implementing APIs (I’m in the software industry myself). The only thing I’m not understanding is that this topic is pending since several years as it seems.

We’re only talking about a few features:

1. Show sync status of each document and folder in the list

2. Share

3. View Online

4. Keep file

That’s all.

I would appreciate a lot if you could prioritize this integration in your next versions.

Thanks a lot and have a great day
    Tolga

> Am 26.05.2020 um 12:00 schrieb Path Finder Support Team <[email blocked]>:
    >
    > From: Path Finder Support Team (Cocoatech Support)
    > Subject: Onedrive / Dropbox integration
    >
    > Hi Tolga,
    >
    >
    > Thanks for reaching out to Path Finder support team!
    >
    > A good deal of integrations depends on whether we can access the APIs of these third-party companies we want establish integration with. Many of provided APIs don't offer the full functionality and some specific features of native applications are restricted making it impossible for our developer to adopt the integration.
    >
    >
    > Additionally, the collaboration between us and the OneDrive team is required to make sure everything works how it should. Unfortunately, it is not possible at this moment.
    >
    >
    > Nevertheless, I will pass your feature request to our developer.
    >
    > Please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Mary
    > Path Finder Support Team
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > View this discussion at our support site online: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/167559-onedrive-dropbox-integration
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

5. 3 Posted by Stephen on 27 May, 2020 07:42 AM

I'm about to throw it in with Pathfinder! I've kept up to date with latest upgrades - latests yesterday, but you're just not doing anything to hep with OneDrive! All my client files are on OneDrive, I use multiple computers and need to keep them in sync. But PF isn't even keeping the same folder structures (in attachment, Finder [on right] structure matches online OneDrive). Worse, it seems to be randomly deleting files in its repeated an failed attempts to download. This is DANGEROUS! So like so many people, looks like I'll have to stop with PF - for which I've been paying every time. Note Abacus, Direct, Pete, Tomás, Whitehall don't exist in PF, and Prorecruit is empty (all the files are directly under CVs RPA. The three Excels also don't feature in PF.

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 28 May, 2020 04:43 PM.

7. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 28 May, 2020 04:44 PM

8. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 28 May, 2020 04:44 PM

Hi everyone,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

@Tolga, I have already passed the feedback to our developer, so he can consider implementing these options further down the road. Fingers crossed!

@Stephen, Path Finder does not delete your files randomly. As you have encountered some issue with display of several folders, please create a separate private discussion for this issue to avoid any miscommunication in public discussions, so we can help you out and make sure the folders are displayed.

Please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 28 May, 2020 04:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac