Desktop does not refresh on volume unmount

Steve H

14 May, 2020 10:43 PM

When I unmount a volume, whether from a USB drive or an internal drive, the icon does not get removed from the desktop. The volume is unmounted; I can verify that. The icon on the desktop is just a ghost that disappears if I click and drag over it -- as if I am selecting multiple icons. At that point the desktop refreshes the area that I just selected, but ONLY the area just selected. This is so consistent and annoying that I've removed the display of attached volumes on the desktop, but I'd prefer to be able to display them.

1. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 15 May, 2020 06:34 PM.

2. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 15 May, 2020 06:35 PM

3. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 15 May, 2020 06:35 PM

Hi Steven, 

Thanks for reaching out to Path Finder support team!

In order for us to investigate and try to reproduce your issue on our end, we would ask you to send us a screen recording of the following issue.

You can check on how to record a video recording here. After doing so, please upload it to Google Drive, Dropbox or any other storage provider and send a link to me.

Additionally, please could you send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application. 

Here's how to get it:

1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

4. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 15 May, 2020 06:35 PM.

5. Steve H re-opened this discussion on 17 May, 2020 02:56 AM

6. 2 Posted by Steve H on 17 May, 2020 02:56 AM

Process Sample

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7rg9s33ownk4u2/2020-05-16%20-%20Sample%20of%20Path%20Finder.txt?dl=0

Screen Recording

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0z0j927i5v0wryz/2020-05-16%20-%20Screen%20Recording%20for%20CocoaTech.mov?dl=0

You’ll see as I tick and untick the boxes for hard drives and network drives, the screen does not refresh properly. That’s it.

-Steve

7. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 22 May, 2020 05:33 AM

Hi Steven, 

Thank you for the sample! 

I have forwarded your email to our developers. It may take some time to investigate the details of the issue. 

Be sure to let us know should any additional questions arise. 

Best Regards, 
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

8. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 22 May, 2020 05:33 AM.

9. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 22 May, 2020 05:35 AM

10. 4 Posted by Steve H on 15 Sep, 2020 11:06 PM

FYI, this looks to be fixed in v9.4.

11. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Sep, 2020 08:59 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac