Could you send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application.
Here's how to get it:
1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
5. Click Save and save the sample file.
6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.
Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion
on 23 Jun, 2020 07:53 PM.
Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion
on 23 Jun, 2020 07:56 PM
Dragan on 23 Jun, 2020 09:19 PM
Hi Luc, I want to ask you to do something to help me debug this issue, as I can't reproduce it:
1. Quit Path Finder and go to folder HOME_FOLDER/Library/Application Support/Path Finder/Settings. There, you'll see three files: settings9, settings9-shm and settings9-wal. Zip those three files in an archive and keep it somewhere.
2. Trash those three files. Then launch Path Finder and see whether it solved the problem. Please note this action will discard all your modules custom settings (and I see that you heavily customised your Sidebar).
3. Quit Path Finder. The new versions of above mentioned setting files were created. Trash them too and extract archived files back. Launch Path Finder again and see if the problem still persist.
4. Regardless of wether the problem persists or not, remove almost all items from Favorites in you sidebar. Leave there only a few standard ones, let's say Home, Desktop and Documents. Then again relaunch Path Finder and see if the problem persist.
5. If the problem is still there, archive again now this new version (with majority of sidebar items removed) of all three settings files in another archive and attach it here so I can download it and investigate.
This should help me to trace the cause of the problem. You don't have to worry about privacy, those files don't contain any sensitive information, just your module settings (colours, font types and sized and similar).