Dropbox SmartSync, yet another thread

cocoatech

11 Apr, 2020 02:01 PM

Greetings,
I understand the limits of the Dropbox API, or lack of, and I understand that the Dropbox App has access to the Finder in a way that PF does not. In the interim of any other solutions...
Is there a way for Path Finder to completely skip triggering the downloading of files that are set to "Online Only" in the Dropbox folders?

Here's my issue: If I browse to an "Online Only" folder using PF, PF triggers the switch telling Dropbox to change the flag to "Local" and the files/folders start to download. This can be massive amounts of data. So much so that I've had to delete PF from my system to avoid accidentally downloading terabytes of data.

I would be very happy to have PF back with the ability to ignore the Dropbox folders.

Thanks, Scott

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 30 May, 2020 01:46 PM

Hi Scott,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

First of all, please accept my apologies for such a delayed response. I understand how frustrating it might be not to receive any response for such a long time. I apologize and will make sure this won't happen again.

In order for me to best assist you and try to reproduce the issue on my end, I would like to ask you to make a screen recording of the issue and send it to us.
      You can check on how to record a video recording here. After doing so, please upload it to Google Drive, Dropbox or any other storage provider and send a link to me.

Make sure the access settings are modified in a way that will allow us to view it. I believe this is going to help us a lot!

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 30 May, 2020 01:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac