Pathfinder disappeering or always in front

Wolfgang

03 Apr, 2020 07:26 PM

Hi,
I am using Pathfinder for more then ten years. Last week I switched to the newest Version of MAC OS Catalina (10.15.4). Because of that I decided to buy Pathfinder 9.1 (which I did not before, because my older version was running to my complete satisfaction). I now have two different problems:
1. When I launch PF, it comes up to the front. So far so good. But when I open another program (for example firefox) it remains still in front instead of moving to the background. So I searched for a solution and found the point of the menu "Fade out on deactivating". That worked in some way fine, but PF than is completely away. In the former version PF was only put one step behind the active program. And that leads to my second problem.
2. I am extensivly using the Skitch-Program for screenshots. My normal way of process was:
Taking the screenshot with Skitch.
Opening or switching to PF.
Switching back to Skitch, so I had both together on the screen, in the front Skitch, one step behind PF.
Then I could drag my Skitch file in every folder I had chosen before.
This whole process is now no longer possible, because the moment I switch back from PF to Skitch PF is either completely away (when I choose "Deactivating ..") or still completely in front.
Did I miss anything?
Is there a solution?
Is it a bug.
I really appreciate any help, because I love my PF and that behaviour is really annoying.
Regards Wolfgang

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 04 Jul, 2020 12:52 PM

Hi Wolfgang,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

First of all, please accept my apologies for such a delayed response. I understand how frustrating it might be not to receive any response for such a long time. I apologize and will make sure this won't happen again.

Can you please specify if the query is still relevant?

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 04 Jul, 2020 12:52 PM.

3. pfwolke re-opened this discussion on 05 Jul, 2020 03:17 PM

4. 2 Posted by pfwolke on 05 Jul, 2020 03:17 PM

Hi, It's not relevant animier.
    Regards
    Wolfgang
    Am 4. Juli 2020, 14:52 +0200 schrieb Path Finder Support Team <[email blocked]>:
    > From: Path Finder Support Team (Cocoatech Support)
    > Subject: Pathfinder disappeering or always in front
    >
    > Hi Wolfgang,
    >
    > Mary from Path Finder support here!
    >
    > First of all, please accept my apologies for such a delayed response. I understand how frustrating it might be not to receive any response for such a long time. I apologize and will make sure this won't happen again.
    >
    > Can you please specify if the query is still relevant?
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Mary
    > Path Finder Support Team
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > View this discussion at our support site online: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/164589-pathfinder-disappeering-or-always-in-front
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 06 Jul, 2020 10:48 AM

Hi Wolfgang,

I appreciate the update!

Please feel free to write us back should you have anything else you'd like to address, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 06 Jul, 2020 10:48 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac