upgrade to Version 9.1 (2040) - all settings erased

Chris

24 Mar, 2020 07:59 PM

All of my settings were reset after the upgrade to Version 9.1 (2040). This happens all. the. time. with. upgrades. WHY. It takes so long to get everything back to how I like it. I'm on Catalina 10.15.3. Please have more respect for your customers time. Can we backup our settings in advance of future upgrades?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 25 Mar, 2020 12:02 PM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out!

You should not lose your settings after updates. Does this happen with every update? Do you lose all your settings or just a portion of them? 

Are you perhaps able to replicate this issue consistently? If so, would you please share the steps to do so?

Your preferences are stored in the following items:
    /Library/Application Support/Path Finder/ (directory)
    /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.cocoatech.PathFinder.plist (file)
    /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Path Finder (directory)

You may backup those items in order to restore them later should any issues occur

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 25 Mar, 2020 12:02 PM.

3. Chris re-opened this discussion on 10 Apr, 2020 07:13 PM

4. 2 Posted by Chris on 10 Apr, 2020 07:13 PM

I didn't have any settings in /Library/Application Support/Path Finder/, but did find data in the other two locations, which I've backed up. Thank you.

The settings that get erased are all left sidebar and module settings. (The left sidebar reverts to default and all modules selected are removed.) View and other settings persist.

I haven't determined a pattern, but can continue to watch. Sometimes the settings can erase on a normal system reboot, but not always. They have been resetting however on all of the recent point updates of the software.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 30 May, 2020 01:49 PM

Hi Chris,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

I apologize for the inconveniences you've had. The issue of loss of Favorites is already reported to our developer, and we'll make sure to address it in the next releases.

In the meantime, we would highly suggest saving your modules settings and restoring them as per instructions my colleague gave you.

Please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 30 May, 2020 01:49 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac