Multiple Desktops and Open Windows

simonsaba

23 Mar, 2020 04:14 PM

I recently updated to Catalina and PF9. I use multiple desktops. When I open a PF window on one desktop. the PF window appears on all desktops. I don't recall this behavior in PF8 and High Sierra (or maybe my memory is faulty). I also quit Pathfinder and tried this in the Finder. A window created in the FInder appears only on the desktop on which it was created. Is there some way to have a window open on one desktop appear only on that desktop?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 25 Mar, 2020 03:04 PM

Hi Simon,

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you please send us a quick screen recording of the issue?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 25 Mar, 2020 03:04 PM.

3. simonsaba re-opened this discussion on 03 Apr, 2020 08:38 PM

4. 2 Posted by simonsaba on 03 Apr, 2020 08:38 PM

I would love to attach a screen recording of the behavior I describe below but I get an error message 413 Entity is too large. The screen recording is 6 mb. The directions say that I can attach a file that's 10 mb.

Here's a description of what the screen recording would show. I opened a new browser on one desktop and then switched to a second and third desktop (three finger swipe left and right). The browser appears on all three desktops. The Finder does not exhibit this behavior. If a FInder window is created on one desktop, it only exists on the desktop on which it was created. I downloaded PF v. 8.6 to see if this behavior was version specific. It's not. Version 8.6 does the same thing. This began after upgrading to Catalina. PF 8 did not do this with High Sierra.

Two frustrations:

1. For a tool that's supposed to increase productivity, PF9 has actually made my work more difficult. I will be switching back to the Finder until you are able to correct this.
    2. I can't send you evidence of this because your system is broken.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac