Some UI improvement requests

Jan Peeters

24 Feb, 2020 01:36 PM

Hi,

Recently I got a survey for Path Finder features. I think feature wise Path Finder is great but it could use some UI polish in the following fields.

Desktop icon shadow intensity
Already in 2015 someone reported this (I did too) and it was passed to the developers but never implemented.
So I want to bump this request because I think the Pathfinder Desktop would look a lot more friendly if this request was implemented.
The drop shadow for desktop icon text labels is very hard. It would look much more friendly to the eyes (and thus more readable) if it would approach the intensity of Apple Finders desktop text.

Ability to easily manage and edit tags in Path Finder.
Currently I have to switch back to to Apple Finder to do this (and even there it's not really user friendly)

Display of tags
Currently when adding a tag to a file of folder that file or folder gets a bright colored background 'pill' in the color of the tag. (I read the post about this here: https://support.cocoatech.com/kb/features-and-development/tags-and-...).
I understand your choices (from the article) but we are a bit further in the future now and I'm starting to find these filled backgrounds a bit too much. The colors are very bright, it even has a gradient. Uneasy on the eyes.
I would love an option to choose between displaying tags on files/folder like apple currently does with the colored dots or stick with your implementation. In the latter case I would like to be able to change the colors and appearance of tags. So e.g. lighter colours, no gradient, no rounded colors etc.

Italic font
As far as I can determine (I might be wrong) you are not using the real italic designed typeface for aliases but a 'faux' italicized version of the regular. Is that right? If so, please use the real italic versions.

That's a few things that would make me happy if these requests get implemented.

Thanks, Jan

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 25 Jul, 2020 10:13 AM

Hi Jan,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

First of all, please accept my apologies for such a delayed response. I understand how frustrating it might be not to receive any response for such a long time. I apologize and will make sure this won’t happen again.

Secondly, I'd like to thank you for the feedback you have provided us with! Your opinions helps us developing the product further!
    I have already passed your comments to our developer for further evaluation and consideration. 

Should you have anything else you'd like to address, please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 25 Jul, 2020 10:13 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac