Stability issues with 9.06 and Catalina

Marco

16 Feb, 2020 02:54 PM

Dear Cocoatech team,

I'm using Pathfinder since I use MacBooks and I can't think of working with anything else. Unfortunately PF upsets me in the last time!

The stability really went downhill and I see 2-3 crashes per week. Same on the MacBook of my wife, both are on Catalina. Sometimes the crash even pulls the whole OS down and the machine needs a restart. That never happened before ... I did not even restart my Mac for 6 Months. It seems PF still does not really like Catalina.

I really beg for a stability / bugfix update - when can this be expected?

BR,
Marco

1. 1 Posted by Nathan on 01 May, 2020 02:59 PM

I'm in the same boat. I've been a happy Path Finder user for many years, and recommended the app to co-workers and others who use Mac.

Beginning with Path Finder 8 the stability tanked. What previously was a solid tool became frustratingly unstable. I experience multiple crashes daily and its a big distraction in my workflow. Even though Path Finder 8 was a paid upgrade that version never was stable. The sidebars frequently would lose settings and return to defaults.

I begrudgingly upgraded to Path Finder 9 hoping for a return to stability. As a developer I understand how situations can grow frustrating and I decided to go in with good faith and send money.

Unfortunately there has been no improvements. I'm now using Path Finder 9.2 on Mac OS 10.14 and the software crashes nearly daily.

I really love this tool, but I'm now thinking of giving up. Its just too distracting and frustrating to deal with a constantly crashing app.

What gives? Is there a truthful statement from Cocoatech on what is happening?

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 01 May, 2020 03:12 PM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 01 May, 2020 03:13 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 01 May, 2020 03:13 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out!

First of all, please accept my apologies for such a late response! I understand how frustrating it might be to experience such issues and not to receive any responses for a such long time. I will make sure such long delays would not repeat in future!

First of all, I would suggest updating to the latest version of Path Finder 9.2.0 as it has fixed many crashes and issues that were in the previous sub-versions.

As the following sub-version was released just recently it might have some issues, however, we are working on addressing them as fast as possible. 

Can you please specify what kind of crashes do you experience when using the latest version of Path Finder 9? Any detailed explanation would be appreciated, so we can test it on our end.

Looking forward to your replies!

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 01 May, 2020 03:13 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac