Upgrading from Path Finder 7 to Path Finder 9

jakub

08 Feb, 2020 09:57 PM

Hi,

I just wanted to upgrade from Path Finder 7 to Path Finder 9. Your website does not mention any exceptions for upgrades. It seems, that you can upgrade from any version to the current version. So, I installed the new Path Finder 9 but the installer screen tells me now, that only Path Finder 8 qualifies to upgrade from Path Finder 9 and requires Path Finder 8 credentials, which I do not have. Does this mean that I must buy Path Finder 9 again for the full price?

And where can I download Path Finder 7 when I do not decide to upgrade to Path Finder 9 but I have rewritten Path Finder 7 and do not have installer anymore? Does this mean that I have lost Path Finder totally?

Thanks for your reply.

1. 1 Posted by Jon R. Roma on 08 Feb, 2020 10:51 PM

If you are happy with PF7, I would stay where you are. Several users (including myself) have experienced PF8 and PF9 eating significant CPU even when it's in the background.

This was reported in the bug report forum at https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/157613-high-cpu-.... There has been no further communication in several weeks, though the support staff did say that it might take a while to diagnose. My best guess is that my problem may have to do with previewing files, but there may be several issues at play. I have offered to try to reproduce this and send logs, etc., but have not been requested to do so yet.

They are already plugging PathFinder 10. Frankly, I'm not eager about paying for yet another license upgrade as long as the product has serious issues, such as the one issued above. IMHO, I don't want or need a new major version every month; I simply want it to work as well as PF7 did! (They at least fixed a serious problem at PF8, but in so doing, something else broke.)

If you nonetheless want to upgrade, the link is https://cocoatech.com/#/support under "Looking for an older version?"

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac