PF 9.0.6 Right Shelf function either is greyed out or doesn't work

jimgknga

28 Jan, 2020 02:08 PM

Running PF 9.0.6 on Mojave: the Right Shelf function works erratically. After selecting a file (in any of the three views) sometimes the Right Shelf icon is greyed out, although the Left Shelf icon and function work fine. Sometimes, the Right Shelf icon is there & when clicked will not open a Right Shelf; quitting PF and restarting sometimes fixes this but not always. And then sometimes the Right Shelf function works just fine as advertised.

Gotta be a bug in there somewhere IMO ... I love the Shelf functions. Please make them work.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 29 Jan, 2020 01:29 PM

Hi,

Which modules do you have in the Right shelf? Shelves are greyed out if there are no modules in them.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 29 Jan, 2020 01:29 PM.

3. jimgknga re-opened this discussion on 29 Jan, 2020 03:12 PM

4. 2 Posted by jimgknga on 29 Jan, 2020 03:12 PM

I don't know why this is closed, but anyway: I'm referring to the Right Shelf ICON located in the Toolbar: command meaning "Open the Right Shelf". The operations I'm referring to that are not working are (1) the command in the Toolbar is greyed out, or (2) the command is available but pressing it does nothing -- i.e., the Right-Shelf does NOT open, and sometimes, if it's open, pressing the command ICON will NOT close it.

5. 3 Posted by jimgknga on 29 Jan, 2020 03:14 PM

I should add that I'm trying this command to 'open/close the Right Shelft' AFTER selecting a file in the view below. I know that the command icons are greyed out when no valid object is selected. BTW it doesn't matter which view is used to select a target file. And it is not dependent on which file or which directory the target file is listed.

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 29 Jan, 2020 03:16 PM.

7. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 29 Jan, 2020 03:18 PM

8. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 29 Jan, 2020 03:18 PM

Hi,

Which modules do you have added to your right shelf? Could you please confirm it is the right shelf and not Preview Column (View -> Show View Options -> Show Preview Column)?

Does View -> Right Shelf command work for you in such cases? Does this happen for other shelves?

Are there any steps we could take to reproduce this issue?

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 29 Jan, 2020 03:18 PM.

10. jimgknga re-opened this discussion on 29 Jan, 2020 03:27 PM

11. 5 Posted by jimgknga on 29 Jan, 2020 03:27 PM

View -> Right Shelf (and BTW Bottom Shelf & Top Shelf) are also greyed out AND are their corresponding icons are greyed out in the toolbar.

I have simple ones: Info, Attributes.

I've restarted PF a number of times to try and re-create it. I'll let you know if I can find a sequence that will help you re-create it. Like I said: erratic it is.

12. Support Staff 6 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 29 Jan, 2020 03:34 PM

Hi,

Could you please try adding any module to the affected shelves and see if this enables them (and the corresponding buttons/commands)?

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

13. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 29 Jan, 2020 03:34 PM.

14. jimgknga re-opened this discussion on 29 Jan, 2020 03:53 PM

15. 7 Posted by jimgknga on 29 Jan, 2020 03:53 PM

Great. Good suggestion. That worked! I added a module to Right Shelf, one to the Bottom, and one to the Top. Added a second one to Right. It loved it.

Perhaps the issue then was that PF blew away my existing module views in one or more of the Shelves and on the next startup believed that there were no modules, and hence no Shelves needed.

16. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 06 Feb, 2020 12:16 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac