Search focus suddenly changes

plexus

16 Jan, 2020 01:12 AM

When in a file browse window in PF, when I start typing in the search field in the header, the focus of entry will suddenly change as i am typing causing PF to jump around directories. For example i want to search for files with the word "path" i start typing "path" and somewhere in the typing, the data entry focus will jump to the file browser - this both results in an incomplelte entry in search "eg only "pa" will be shown and the "t" and "h" i type will apply to the file browser jumping me around folders.

Can you please fix this as I use search a lot.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 17 Jan, 2020 03:42 AM

Hi Brett,

Which version of macOS and Path Finder do you have installed? When did this issue started to happen? 

Do you still experience it in a guest profile?

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Jan, 2020 03:42 AM.

3. Brett re-opened this discussion on 17 Jan, 2020 04:00 AM

4. 2 Posted by Brett on 17 Jan, 2020 04:00 AM

Hello. I am using PF 9.0.6 macOS 10.13.6. It's hard to say when this started happening because its not a feature I have been using a lot until lately. I can't say that it was working and now isn't, or v.v. But it is definitely causing an issue now.

I will have to create a guest account and try it there. I will report back on that.

5. 3 Posted by Brett on 17 Jan, 2020 05:19 PM

I tested on a clean guest account and it's not causing the de-focus problem, however I did not try it on the same folder as in my main account mainly because that folder is a synced dropbox folder and I dont want to sync it on the guest account. back in the main account I discovered that de-focus was happening in the offending folder but not with other folders. today I restarted my mac pro and now its not even de-focussing in the offending folder like it was. so I can't replicate. I will keep trying to find some consistency. but maybe its a conditional bug. if you need anything from me. perhaps i will make a screen videop of it if it stards happening again.

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 20 Jan, 2020 06:51 AM.

7. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 20 Jan, 2020 06:53 AM

8. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 20 Jan, 2020 06:53 AM

Hi Brett,

In case you ever see that issue again, could you send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application. Here's how to get it:

1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 20 Jan, 2020 06:53 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac