Extreme frustration

Barry

03 Jan, 2020 08:52 PM

I have been a loyal user of PathFinder for many years now and purchased all of your upgrades believing they were worth it, (even though they seem a bit excessive and too frequent). But now I have reached my limit of frustration. I have a lot of old computers that I only use occasionally for different apps . But now I am running into your activation license problem that I keep on having to activate and deactivate computers every time I switch machines. I'm just one user and am not prepared to keep paying extra to use the software to buy another activation license for all the secondary machines I use just once a month. This is just nickeling and diming your customers. This activation license issue is now the last straw. You are now just adding to my workload instead of reducing it - it makes using the product a real pain (you have already partly ruined the product with your upgrades by making it too complex and adding uneccessary features that just add to the effort needed to learn the product ). Unless you fix this activation problem, I am not buying any more Pathfinder licenses, and will express my frustration in giving it a very poor review on every forum I can find online and telling others to beware of getting nickeled and dimed to death when you buy this software or face the annoying problem of having to constantly keep activating and de-activating licenses. You have to realize that your customer base is the power users, and power users have lots of computers lying around. For years now I have supported and recommended PathFinder to all my friends, and purchased your upgrades, and it is sad for me to now have to tell people to avoid the product.
A very disappointed and frustrated customer......

I hope you raise this to your top management.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 25 May, 2020 06:43 AM

Hi Barry,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

First of all, please accept my apologies for such a delayed response. I understand how frustrating it might be not to receive any answer in such a long time. I apologize and will make sure this won't happen again.

Secondly, I'd like to clarify on the license activation query you have submitted. For each Path Finder license you buy you get 3 activations on computers you personally own and once this limit is reached, you will receive an error which will prevent activating your license further as the limit of activations has been reached. 

I'd like to let you know that this is intended applications behavior as per our policy you can have only 3 activations for each license you buy. In case, if you need to activate your license on more than 3 computers at the same time there are two options: remove current activation or purchase additional activations for the current license ($13 per one extra activation).

If you don't want to spend more money on the application, the first option is easiest and fast one. All you need to do is to launch your currently activated Path Finder > click on Path Finder in the Menu Dock > Registration > Manage activations.

Let me know should you have anything else I can address, we're always here for you!

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 25 May, 2020 06:43 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac