BATCH RENAME IN SEQUENTIAL ORDER

ROBERT

07 Dec, 2019 05:38 PM

I can't figure out PF batch rename logic! I simply want to rename pictures in a folder to a numerical sequence of PIC_1001, 1002, 1003 and so on. But I can't figure PF renaming process. I had to resort to the finder to rename the pictures in the folder. My question is how do I rename pictures in a numerical sequential order? Thanks.

P.S. The videos on youtube were of no help.

1. 1 Posted by stefanmedia on 15 Jul, 2020 10:54 PM

To answer any batch-renaming question, it really helps to know how your files are currently named and how you want them to end up. Otherwise any answer provided will be too generic (or even irrelevant) to help. I tried to formulate a reply but soon realized I didn't know what you really needed to know.

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2020 08:05 AM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 17 Jul, 2020 08:06 AM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 17 Jul, 2020 08:06 AM

Hi ROBERT,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

First of all, please accept my apologies for such a delayed response. I understand how frustrating it might be not to receive any response for such a long time. I apologize and will make sure this won't happen again.

It would be much easier indeed, if you have provided us with the name of files you have, so we can assist you further in this. 

These instructions might help, but it also depends on your current file names right now.

Just highlight the files you wish to rename, choose Commands > Batch rename.
    Having done that, choose "Replace RegEx", Apply to > Name.
    Enter the following into "Replace RegEx" field: [^>]*
    "Replace with" field should be "PIC_" in this particular case. 

After that, use "plus" button in order to add another step in renaming. Choose "Add number sequence" mode here.

Please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2020 08:06 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac