Blank Preferences Issue in Setapp

Barrett Jacobsen

22 Nov, 2019 04:24 PM

REALLY annoying that the previous discussion on this was closed and our steps to reproduce it were pretty clear (it takes nothing other than trying).

Steps to reproduce:

1) Brand new MacBook, fresh install
2) Install Setapp
3) Install Pathfinder via Setapp
4) Open Pathfinder
5) Pathfinder -> Preferences (nothing happens)
6) Pathfinder -> Preferences (blank window opens)

No amount of restarts or re-installs fixes the issue.

Installing the demo app from the website shows the preferences window without issue.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 22 Nov, 2019 04:31 PM

Hi Barrett, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

The forum is integrated with our CRM system and it automatically closes tickets after each reply. 
    Every new reply reopens it, so other logged in users should be able to comment and subscribe to your thread regardless its status. 

Could you please delete com.cocoatech.pathfinder-setapp.plist from ~Library/Preferences (from Finder pick go -> holding ⌥ Library), then reproduce and send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application. Here's how to get it:

1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 22 Nov, 2019 04:31 PM.

3. Barrett Jacobsen re-opened this discussion on 22 Nov, 2019 04:42 PM

4. 2 Posted by Barrett Jacobse... on 22 Nov, 2019 04:42 PM

Ahh, that makes a lot more sense that it auto closed (and from my end as a "joiner" it didn't seem I could re-open it)

Attached is the requested sample

5. 3 Posted by José Sancho on 23 Nov, 2019 12:05 PM

I have the same problem, please solve it quickly.

Thank you very much!

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Dragan on 26 Nov, 2019 06:23 PM

I've reproduced this bug, it happened while fixing some other things in non-Setapp version of the application :-(

I apologise for the inconvenience. The fix will be available in the next update in 2 - 3 days. Thanks for your patience, time and support.

7. 5 Posted by Leon on 30 Nov, 2019 05:21 PM

I'm having the same issue. 15" MacBook Pro Retina running 10.15.1 using PathFinder 9.0.4 (2021), Setapp 2.4.1. I've uninstalled Pathfinder and even scoured my hard drive to make sure no remnants remain (e.g. preferences, launch demons, etc.). After reinstalling, still have the problem.

8. 6 Posted by sjmvideo on 01 Dec, 2019 04:44 AM

Me too. Please get the bug fix out to setapp users ASAP.
    Thank you.

9. 7 Posted by Leon on 01 Dec, 2019 05:57 PM

I'm seeing the same issue. I'm running the latest versions of Catalina, PathFinder and Setapp.

EDIT: Sorry for the duplicate. My content blocker was hiding comments, so I didn't think it got posted.

10. 8 Posted by Leon on 08 Dec, 2019 04:10 PM

Got the fix through Setapp and the problem is gone. Thank you.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac