How do I modify a locked module?

wealthychef

13 Nov, 2019 06:49 PM

I locked a module in my Path Finder browser and it seems to be a one-use lock. I want to modify my settings to the module but there is no more gear to modify it. I tried to upload a screen shot but this forum seems to be broken too. How do I change the fonts in my Terminal Module? Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by gabe.roth on 17 Dec, 2019 02:33 AM

Yes, what's going on here? Surely it can't be the case that checking a single checkbox prevents me from modifying the sidebar for the rest of time.

2. 2 Posted by wealthychef on 17 Dec, 2019 06:06 AM

Haha, thanks for the validation. Path Finder is a love/hate thing with me. Some features are just mind-numbingly bad like this one and never get fixed. But I use the Finder enough that the PF interface is a net plus so far. I have tried going back to the Finder and always find that a few things are missing.

3. 3 Posted by wealthychef on 17 Dec, 2019 06:07 AM

Also notice this post has been up for more than a month and the developer is totally ignoring it. Bad sign.

4. 4 Posted by gabe.roth on 17 Dec, 2019 02:30 PM

Yeah, I’ve been using PF for ages and it feels like something’s gone wrong.

5. 5 Posted by feek on 17 Dec, 2019 06:15 PM

Move your mouse cursor over the top border of the module while pressing the option-key. When hovering the top border, the gear will appear again.

6. 6 Posted by gabe.roth on 17 Dec, 2019 08:44 PM

Thanks for the info! That is ... almost impossible to discover.

7. 7 Posted by wealthychef on 18 Dec, 2019 04:23 AM

I agree, this needs to be made easier. I believe a user interface should help the user, never get in the way. Assume the user will make a mistake and need help, don't force them to learn a bunch of arcane facts about your software. Thanks for the help! I'll have to write it down for next time. At the very least this should be somewhere in your documentation or findable with a google search eh?

8. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 06 Feb, 2020 12:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac