iCloud Drive Contents

Dennsi Alsup

13 Nov, 2019 01:54 AM

The content of my iCloud Drive is different between PathFinder Version 8.6 and the native Finder app. That is to say that not all of the files in my iCloud Drive appear in PathFinder. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

1. 1 Posted by ignazio on 22 Nov, 2019 04:39 PM

I have a similar problem:
    PF 9.0.4
    Catalina 10.15.1
    I see the iCloudDrive in the sidebar
    need to display invisible files to see all
    however, instead of word or jpg or ... file, xxxkb, I see a virtual link, some 100 bytes, click on the link, app doesn't find the file, second click, open file and get rigth size
    Finder size for iCloudDrive 2,83gb
    PF size for iCloufDrive 141Mb
    include screrenshots

2. 2 Posted by a.gertenbach on 25 Dec, 2019 07:50 AM

I also have this problem. It's not a recent problem and I thought a long time that I did not understood ICloud well.
    It is very irritating and I friendly ask (hereby) PF support to solve this problem.
    Or has anyone of the users has the solution?
    Please solve this Cocoatech!

3. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2020 01:44 PM.

4. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 26 Sep, 2020 01:45 PM

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 26 Sep, 2020 01:45 PM

Hi everyone, 

Mary from Path Finder support here!

First of all, please accept my apologies for such a delayed response. I understand how frustrating it might be not to receive any response for such a long time. I apologize and will make sure this won’t happen again.

Path Finder can only display locally stored files only, in case where you remove your file from your computer it won’t be shown in Path Finder. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to display online-stored files due to the insufficient integration. The API for this kind of integration is private and Apple do not share it with third-party developers, thus, no third-party tools can implement such feature on their ends.

If the files are stored locally and still not displayed on your end in Path Finder, let us know and provide us with a screenshot of the following discrepancy.

Should you have anything else you’d like to address, do not hesitate to let us know!

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2020 01:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac