Finder tags not showing in PF9

Colin

11 Nov, 2019 12:37 AM

Create a tag in Finder and apply it to a file. It does not show up in the PF sidebar.

1. 1 Posted by Colin on 13 Nov, 2019 02:23 AM

Hello?

2. 2 Posted by Colin on 14 Nov, 2019 05:19 PM

To make matters worse, I have just found out that only 10 tags can be shown in the sidebar. Also, you cannot drag tags to the sidebar.

This is appalling and rules out PF for particular demo uses.

Jordan? Anyone?

3. 3 Posted by Rob on 16 Nov, 2019 09:48 PM

I have same observation/complaint/request. Thank you

4. 4 Posted by Colin on 16 Nov, 2019 11:44 PM

Hi Rob.

Free the Coco Two

(Get the T-shirt.)

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Nov, 2019 03:36 PM.

6. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 17 Nov, 2019 03:37 PM

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 17 Nov, 2019 03:37 PM

Hi, 

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Does Path Finder have full disk access? If you open a Tags and Ratings window (via the context menu command, Get Info Window, or a module) and type in the tag, will it appear properly? 

May I ask what is the use-case for more than 10 tags in the Sideboard? Won't it be a bit too crowded?

Could you send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application. Here's how to get it:

1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

8. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Nov, 2019 03:37 PM.

9. Colin re-opened this discussion on 17 Nov, 2019 04:03 PM

10. 6 Posted by Colin on 17 Nov, 2019 04:03 PM

Yes, PF has full disk access.

What I am talking about is assigning a new tag to a file or folder in Finder. That tag is supposed to propagate to PF – but it doesn't. As I mentioned, it does work the other way around (i.e. Finder picks up new tags created in PF).

Finder supports more than 10 tags in the sidebar. I need more than 10 to compensate for PF's failure in that it does not allow custom search to be added to the sidebar (it is supposed to).

11. 7 Posted by luvoss on 17 Nov, 2019 09:27 PM

I have similar problem with tags and Finder and PF9. If I create a tag in Finder, it doesn't show in PF. If I create a tag in PF, it shows in Finder. But I cannot change or delete that same tag in Finder. I have to return to PF to change or delete the tag. Is there a way to sync all tag activity between Finder and PF?

12. 8 Posted by Nathan on 04 Jan, 2020 06:11 AM

I have the same problem and request in PF9. I have given PF9 full disk access.

13. 9 Posted by Holger on 25 Feb, 2020 04:51 AM

same here... and no answer from the support :(

14. 10 Posted by Vlad on 25 Feb, 2020 08:45 AM

See my similar ticket:

https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/160664-icloud-dr...

The problem is here since at least 2018.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac