delete key deletes file while editing the title

David

10 Nov, 2019 02:12 PM

So I left this as a request a long time ago (probably back in pathfinder 5 or 6), I wanted to have the option to make the delete key delete a file.
I remember that you enabled this, however it also activates the file deletion even when you are editing the title of the file. So if I'm editing a file name and use the delete key to make a character in the file name go away the file goes to the garbage. This is not consistent with the use of this key in any other application I've used in the past including the finder app itself. Please make it so the file delete file key is not enabled while editing the file title.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 11 Nov, 2019 03:01 PM

Hi David, 

Thanks for reporting this!

Have you set "Move to Trash" to "delete" key, or what would be the way to reproduce this? Could you send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application. Here's how to get it:

1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 11 Nov, 2019 03:01 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac