Shelves - PF9 still not the same behavior as PF7

xstevemurphy

07 Nov, 2019 05:33 PM

Shelves used to be perfect. I could add a list of any folders or files I wanted, and keep them all together in a single spot. Losing them in PF8 was terrible. You added "Shelves" back in to PF9, claiming that this would be the 'best of both worlds," but from what I can see the functionality I loved about shelves still isn't there. I can add modules to shelves... but there is no module that does what shelves in PF7 used to do, let me add a group of folders and files in any order I want.

Am I missing something? Why can't this be a module? That would be the best of both worlds.

1. 1 Posted by Richard Hoefer on 08 Nov, 2019 11:47 AM

This sounds interesting to me. I started with PF 8, so I've never seen this in action, but it is something I would use constantly.

2. 2 Posted by xstevemurphy on 08 Nov, 2019 12:13 PM

It was amazing. And then they "upgraded" by adding these modules, and somehow decided to get rid of the shelf functionality. Then they brought back the word "shelf".. but didn't actually make them work the way they used to, just compartments for modules, which don't do the same thing. I have no idea why they wouldn't just keep it!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac