Pathfinder 9.0.1

Peter

05 Nov, 2019 02:20 PM

Updated from 8.6 to 9.0.1 and was very unhappy, it never took my prefs from v8 and my color settings had gone, also I had at the bottom, the info pane and the preview pane which never remembered the sizes I set. also I was very disappointed that the preview pane still does not play mkv files. I never went in to it any more and have asked for a refund. I may look at it again when the bugs are out, or I may just stick with v8. This has to be the worst update, all from 7 onwards have been fine.

1. 1 Posted by Johann on 06 Nov, 2019 06:00 AM

I don't find any big approvements in pf9, and files copied to Clouddrive by other applications (including Finder) don't show up in pf, even after restart. Stopped using pf and started using Finder again. Not convincing for a paid upgrade!

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 08 Nov, 2019 01:16 PM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 08 Nov, 2019 01:17 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 08 Nov, 2019 01:17 PM

Hi Peter,

We try to preserve as much settings as possible during the upgrade transition. Path Finder 9 changed the color scheme to be cleaner and "flatter", which unfortunately caused incompatibility with Path Finder 8 color preferences. Colors are still customizable.

Hi Johan,

Do you mean iCloud Drive? Do you see cloud icons in Finder?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 08 Nov, 2019 01:17 PM.

6. Johann Krocza re-opened this discussion on 08 Nov, 2019 05:40 PM

7. 3 Posted by Johann Krocza on 08 Nov, 2019 05:40 PM

Hi Jordan,
    I mean iCloud Drive. I see cloud icons in Finder, and I see iCloud drive in PF in the sidebar.
    What I don’t see are files saved on iCloud Drive by e.g. Excel oder MS Word.
    They show up in Finder correctly, but not in PF.
    Regards, Johann

> Am 08.11.2019 um 14:17 schrieb Path Finder Support Team <[email blocked]>:
    >
    > From: Path Finder Support Team (Cocoatech Support)
    > Subject: Pathfinder 9.0.1
    >
    > Hi Peter,
    >
    > We try to preserve as much settings as possible during the upgrade transition. Path Finder 9 changed the color scheme to be cleaner and "flatter", which unfortunately caused incompatibility with Path Finder 8 color preferences. Colors are still customizable.
    >
    >
    > Hi Johan,
    >
    >
    > Do you mean iCloud Drive? Do you see cloud icons in Finder?
    >
    > Looking forward to your reply.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Jordan
    > Path Finder Support Team
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > View this discussion at our support site online: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/153208-pathfinder-901
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

[email blocked]

8. 4 Posted by Bob Stan on 08 Nov, 2019 06:40 PM

I have BBEdit set up as my default editor in Pathfinder 9.02 Preferences. If I double click on a txt file in a Pathfinder Window, shouldn't it open in BBEdit? It is currently opening in TextEdit.

9. 5 Posted by FRED on 08 Nov, 2019 07:00 PM

POSTS ARE ENDED

10. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Nov, 2019 04:23 PM.

11. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 10 Nov, 2019 04:24 PM

12. Support Staff 6 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 10 Nov, 2019 04:24 PM

Hi Peter,

Are the files in iCloud, or iCloud Drive? Apps can store their settings and files in iCloud, and such files can't be accessed by 3rd-party apps (there is simply no support for this). iCloud Drive is shared space where all apps can put and retrieve files from. 
    If you see a cloud icon next to the file, it means the file is no locally present. Press on the cloud icon to download it and it will show up in Finder. Such "cloud links" are also implemented with private iCloud APIs which makes it near-impossible to add the same functionality in any 3rd-party app.

You can find more information about iCloud Drive integration in Path Finder in this article. It also addresses your issues and what you need to do to make all iCloud application library folders appear in Path Finder.

As for default text editor, could you please also check that you've updated your files to open in BBEdit with Get Info -> Open With -> BBEdit and apply to all.

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

13. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Nov, 2019 04:24 PM.

14. Johann Krocza re-opened this discussion on 10 Nov, 2019 04:45 PM

15. 7 Posted by Johann Krocza on 10 Nov, 2019 04:45 PM

Hi Jordan,
    the files are located on my MacBook.
    I can see them in Finder, and there is no Cloud-Icon next to the files in question.
    They just don’t show up in PathFinder.
    I attached 2 screen-shots.
    Regards, Johann

Finder:

PathFinder:

> Am 10.11.2019 um 17:24 schrieb Path Finder Support Team <[email blocked]>:
    >
    > From: Path Finder Support Team (Cocoatech Support)
    > Subject: Pathfinder 9.0.1
    >
    > Hi Peter,
    >
    >
    > Are the files in iCloud, or iCloud Drive? Apps can store their settings and files in iCloud, and such files can't be accessed by 3rd-party apps (there is simply no support for this). iCloud Drive is shared space where all apps can put and retrieve files from.
    > If you see a cloud icon next to the file, it means the file is no locally present. Press on the cloud icon to download it and it will show up in Finder. Such "cloud links" are also implemented with private iCloud APIs which makes it near-impossible to add the same functionality in any 3rd-party app.
    >
    >
    > You can find more information about iCloud Drive integration in Path Finder in [**this**](http://support.cocoatech.com/kb/installation-and-compatibility/icloud-drive-support) article. It also addresses your issues and what you need to do to make all iCloud application library folders appear in Path Finder.
    >
    > As for default text editor, could you please also check that you've updated your files to open in BBEdit with Get Info -> Open With -> BBEdit and apply to all.
    >
    > Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Jordan
    > Path Finder Support Team
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > View this discussion at our support site online: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/153208-pathfinder-901
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

[email blocked]

16. 8 Posted by tim on 11 Nov, 2019 12:21 AM

I hate to say this but i'm completely underwhelmed by PF9.

I'm a very long time PF user but if anything stability has been worse for me in recent years, and importantly the idea of the real improvements i crave (easily storeable/recallable scene recalls a la logic audio) don't look like ever happening. I get that dev and maintenance costs, but i've been paying for upgrades without improvement for years and i'm demoralized.

I'm not going to Catalina any time soon (to preserve key 32bit apps), there are no functional improvements and there's no way i should have to pay for the bugfixes (which it has to be said are rather needed).

Moreover I'm badgered by popups trying to sell me an upgrade i don't want and I can't make them go away. What to do?

17. 9 Posted by Peter on 11 Nov, 2019 09:15 AM

Please close this as I am getting emails I do NOT want, I just delete them all now.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac