Drop Stack

youngpr

05 Nov, 2019 12:35 PM

I can drag a file to Drop Stack but see no way to then drag that file elsewhere. How do you drag a file in Drop Stack somewhere else?

Paul Young

1. 1 Posted by Hans on 06 Nov, 2019 07:14 PM

The drop stack seems to have a bug. When dropping a file there should be a file icon visible below the header . . . there is not after the initial use of the stack. You can get the expected use (once) be removing the drop stack pane and adding it back it seems (at least that works for me). But after moving the first file the icon area disappears and can't be reopened even by clicking the triangle at the left top (below the gear) which SHOULD (and used to) open the icon area.

2. 2 Posted by youngpr on 06 Nov, 2019 08:14 PM

I can see the file(s) but have not found a way to move those files somewhere else.

Plus, I find that the View / Show Invisible Files is not always enabled. If this menu pick is not enabled (dimmed), you cannot turn the Invisible files on/off.

Paul Young

3. 3 Posted by D. Ferguson on 06 Nov, 2019 08:25 PM

I'm having a problem with the drop stack folding back up when a file is dropped into it. This was a problem on v8 that was fixed and is now manifested in v9. When a file is dropped into the drop stack, it is there, but the drop stack folds back up and in order to drag the file(s) elsewhere, the user has to manually pull the drop stack sidebar window open before you can proceed to grab the file. The drop stack functions, but is so annoying that it makes the drop stack useless. The drop stack should be hidden if it is empty and show the files if there is one.

4. 4 Posted by gds on 08 Nov, 2019 09:33 AM

I confirm the issue where the drop stack fails to 'open up' when a file is dropped on it. So I cannot see the file.
    I can resize the drop stack manually, so the file becomes visible, and then drag the item out, but every time it then closes and won't reopen automatically.

5. 5 Posted by D. Ferguson on 11 Nov, 2019 11:58 PM

The problem with the drop stack folding back up has been fixed with the 9.03 update.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 14 Nov, 2019 11:53 AM

7. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 14 Nov, 2019 11:53 AM.

8. youngpr re-opened this discussion on 21 Nov, 2019 02:26 AM

9. 7 Posted by youngpr on 21 Nov, 2019 02:27 AM

I upgraded to PF 9.0.4 tonight. I still see the same problem with Drop Stack. I can drag a file to Drop Stack but cannot drag it from Drop Stack to another location.

Paul Young

10. 8 Posted by Hans on 21 Nov, 2019 04:58 PM

I can confirm that the problem I had with the drop stack closing after moving the first file and not reopening even when dropping another file on it has been fixed (as of 9.0.4 at least) so yougpr's problem must have a different source.

11. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2019 06:06 PM.

12. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 21 Nov, 2019 06:08 PM

13. Support Staff 9 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 21 Nov, 2019 06:08 PM

Hi Paul,

Does this happen with a new module (if you add another copy of DropStack)? What are the steps to reproduce this?

You may attach a short clip if that's easier for you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

14. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2019 06:08 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac