Purchase v9 window is blank

Peter

02 Nov, 2019 03:42 PM

I've been a (mostly) happy Pathfinder user for several years, and I've just downloaded 9.0.1. When I go to purchase it by clicking the little 'Buy Now' link, and click the 'Purchase' button, I just get presented with a blank screen (see screenshot). Any ideas how I purchase the upgrade?

I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Thanks,
Peter

1. 1 Posted by Jose on 02 Nov, 2019 04:12 PM

Same here with Catalina 10.15.1, what a crap, just got upgrade to 9 (paid) and now I can get no windows at all. For when a fix.

2. 2 Posted by Wolfram on 03 Nov, 2019 05:53 PM

Good evening,
    I have the same Problem. MacBook 17", 2011, Mac Os 10.12.6.
    Of course I could go back to PF 8 but would prefer you fixing that little problem :)
    Thank you,
    Wolfram

3. 3 Posted by John on 03 Nov, 2019 06:57 PM

Same problem here.
    2012 Mac Mini
    macOS 10.12.6

4. 4 Posted by LWks on 03 Nov, 2019 11:41 PM

Yup, same problem here. (On a MacPro tower under OS 10.12.6)

In my case, if you watch carefully, you can tell it's trying to connect and do something but then turns to an all white window (see attached).

Unfortunately, not only cannot I not seem to purchase Version 9 (seeing same thing that you all are) but I was running the trial of Version 9 concurrently with the licensed version of version 8 (which I asked support about doing before doing it and was told that it would be fine) but now my paid version 8 has also reverted to running in trial mode as if I had never purchased it.

Sure hope this is all fixed, within the 28 days, or I'm going to have TWO non-working version of Path Finder.

5. 5 Posted by Ally on 04 Nov, 2019 11:43 AM

Same here on MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) running Sierra 10.12.6

Really disappointing to see this issue and very frustrating to have new paid upgrades pushed out every year with bugs that still persist from previous versions!

The silence from Cocoatech support is pretty poor. Customers will be more understanding if you explain the issue rather than just ignoring us!

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 04 Nov, 2019 11:46 AM.

7. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 04 Nov, 2019 11:46 AM

8. Support Staff 6 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 04 Nov, 2019 11:47 AM

Hi All, 

Thank you for your reports!

May I ask you to send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application. Here's how to get it:

1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 04 Nov, 2019 11:47 AM.

10. Peter re-opened this discussion on 04 Nov, 2019 12:13 PM

11. 7 Posted by Peter on 04 Nov, 2019 12:13 PM

As requested...

12. 8 Posted by Wolfram Guenthe... on 04 Nov, 2019 02:52 PM

Hi Jordan,
    here is my sample-file.

Best regards
    Wolfram

13. 9 Posted by Ruud on 04 Nov, 2019 03:12 PM

Similar problem over here. User since many years (PF6). Still in trial version 9.0.1. How do i revert to my prior working version?

14. 10 Posted by Tereza on 04 Nov, 2019 03:49 PM

same here. Sierra 10.12.6

15. 11 Posted by Ally on 04 Nov, 2019 03:50 PM

Here's my process sample file:

16. 12 Posted by Ally on 04 Nov, 2019 03:51 PM

...attached this time!

17. 13 Posted by afcdmc on 04 Nov, 2019 08:01 PM

Same Here Blank Screen!! I get a Spinning Icon but then Blank Screen!!! I bought the upgrade in a Mac Pro with no problems!! But can't Activate it on the Mac Book Pro!!! Both Computers are running 10.12.6 How can Activate this computer If I already paid for the Upgrade?

18. 14 Posted by rafe01 on 04 Nov, 2019 09:51 PM

Interestingly on my 8.6 the Purchase Screen is blank too.

I upgraded to 9 to see if anything would change. Nothing has. It's in trial mode and I can't see to purchase so I have no idea what the upgrade price is, and frankly if this is the quality of the release I'm not sure I'll bother. I LOVED PF7. PF8 has been buggy and an utter resource hog (If I leave my machine on overnight 9/10 I come back to find Pathfinder "Suspended" by OS10.12.6 for using up too much memory. Not to mention the unfixed desktop bug, the occasional blank window when opening, the forgetting my settings each time I relaunch etc etc.

9 looks like another bug-filled update when the 8.x bugs still aren't fixed. Sigh. I really want Pathfinder to succeed as there's nothing else comparable but for a stable bug free release it'd be worth the full upgrade price... I'll see if anything gets fixed in the trial period, but if not I'll be going back to 8.6 which I can just about live with for the things that do work.

19. 15 Posted by Andrew McLennan on 04 Nov, 2019 11:48 PM

Same problem for me! macOS 10.11.6.
    See process sample file attached.
    Please fix ASAP; this is very annoying and an indictment of this software.

20. 16 Posted by kimhorn on 05 Nov, 2019 06:56 AM

Same for me, now no Pathfinder Version works !!!

I upgraded to Version 9 and tried to Purchase. The window was blank and grew when I tried to close it with X.

SO I trashed the product, and tried to reinstall 8.6 again.
    Now when it starts I get the same purchase window that does not work. Its bank, and grows when try to close it.

What a dodgy product. You upgrade and it kills the product completely.
    Back to using FINDER.

I guess we have to wait for version 10 to fix these bug fixes in the purchase code ?

21. 17 Posted by Nick on 05 Nov, 2019 08:28 PM

Same here. Mac Mini Late 2014, MacOSA 10.13.1.

Upgraded fine on my MacBook Pro but blank purchase page on my Mac Mini..

Just need a way to paste the License number in.

22. 18 Posted by kimhorn on 05 Nov, 2019 08:32 PM

I don’t; get it, there is no solution here, why did you send me this email ?

Kim

23. 19 Posted by Alexander Kucer... on 06 Nov, 2019 02:11 PM

I have the same problem. Also, since upgrades can only be purchased from PathFinder and not from the web site you just lost two sales. Probably more since I can't imagine we are the only two users this happens to.

Why in the world would you not offer upgrade purchases via the web site?

24. 20 Posted by Andre Dubsky on 06 Nov, 2019 05:04 PM

Same Problem here: MAC OS Sierra - last patch - Window for purchasing = empty - running in trail mode - I've bought a licence !

25. 21 Posted by Ally on 06 Nov, 2019 05:24 PM

So this morning I updated to 9.0.2 with the expectation that this issue might have been fixed... disappointingly the problem persists, but now when I click "Buy Later" Path Finder "quits unexpectedly" so I can't even run the software in trial mode while we await a resolution!

26. 22 Posted by Andre Dubsky on 06 Nov, 2019 05:26 PM

Am 06.11.2019 um 18:24 schrieb Ally <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>>:

Subject: Purchase v9 window is blank

So this morning I updated to 9.0.2 with the expectation that this issue might have been fixed... disappointingly the problem persists, but now when I click "Buy Later" Path Finder "quits unexpectedly" so I can't even run the software in trial mode while we await a resolution!

View this discussion at our support site online: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/152791-purchase-v9-window-is-blank

---

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

27. 23 Posted by Tereza on 06 Nov, 2019 10:15 PM

As requested.

28. 24 Posted by maf654321 on 07 Nov, 2019 07:39 AM

I've since entirely uninstalled Path Finder since this occurred, but I had the same problem, on El Capitan 10.11.6:

• Started with licensed version of Path Finder 8.6
    • Upgraded following upgrade prompt
    • Payment window in Path Finder blank
    • Downgraded back to Path Finder 8.6, now with same blank registration window
    • Completely uninstalled (preference files and all) and reinstalled Path Finder 8.6, now unable to register it either and it is stuck as a trial
    • Gave up and uninstalled Path Finder altogether, which is where I am now

The fact that this bug turned me from eagerly upgrading to potentially abandoning even using my already paid version of Path Finder seems very self-defeating. This is why you beta test before pushing updates, folks.

29. 25 Posted by RPB on 07 Nov, 2019 08:47 AM

Same for me! Even worse: After testing Version 9, my Version 8 licence is killed. And because of the dead activation window, I can not even re-licence my old v8. No answer from "support" for two days. This is inacceptable!

30. 26 Posted by info on 07 Nov, 2019 10:30 AM

Same Problem with OSX 10.11.6. Same Problem ->> After testing Version 9, my Version 8 licence is killed. And because of the dead activation window, I can not even re-licence my old v8. No answer from "support" for two days. This is not good ! !
    Thorsten

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

31. 27 Posted by Alexander on 07 Nov, 2019 12:41 PM

I have the same problem. White registration page.
    Pathfinder 9.0.1 running on Mac OS X 10.11.6.

32. 28 Posted by denis.drouin on 07 Nov, 2019 01:46 PM

Same blank window with El Capitan 10.11.6. Everything worked fine with PF7, It took a couple PF updates for PF8.

33. 29 Posted by LWks on 07 Nov, 2019 04:40 PM

Thank you maf654321!

You've stated this situation best, and most clearly, of us all.

Especially with the closing line "This is why you beta test before pushing updates, folks."

CocoaTech - We've been loyal and enthusiastic users (pretty much up through Version 7) but have experienced complete frustration ever since.

We want to support you and your product but you're making it very, very difficult.

34. 30 Posted by Peter on 08 Nov, 2019 09:55 AM

Bizarrely I was able to purchase the upgrade fine on my other MacBook, so I now have a valid paid-for PF9 serial, but no way it seems of entering this into PF9 on my first MacBook.

Is there a file I can edit to paste this in to stop the trial countdown?

Cheers,
    Peter

35. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 08 Nov, 2019 03:34 PM.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• PF_9_Upgrade_Window.jpeg 44.6 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac