Super tired of the licensing and what should be support sold as a new product

Trev

01 Nov, 2019 11:14 PM

Every time I buy this product and its update, but they get ever so slightly less impressive. Now we are reaching PF9, where we get back features from PF7 and earlier (after they were removed) and a series of crash/bug fixes? This should just be part of the support for paid versions and not sold as some new amazing upgrade. Getting tired of being paper cut to death by incremental yearly purchases... and this one pushes it too far.

1. 1 Posted by Drew Scurachio on 13 Nov, 2019 06:53 PM

I totally agree with you. I am tired of their "paid upgrades". I am tired of the constant messages about being a "paid upgrade". Can't I just use PF 8 for as long as it supports my macOS version?
    Right now I plan on trying ForkLift. I don't mind paying for software but I don't want to pay for upgrade after upgrade. I don't need any of the features they are adding. And I do need some of the features they removed from prior versions of the software.

2. 2 Posted by Annoyed on 14 Nov, 2019 02:01 AM

Yeah - they tried to force me into Ver 8 which I didnt want after paying for V7 now V7 is unusable and I see they are trying the same trick with people on V8 - nup I have had enough and wont recommend this to anyone anymore

3. 3 Posted by Trev on 14 Nov, 2019 02:23 AM

Since PF9 came out, I can't even shut PF8 the heck up. Keeps info-blasting me with how I should consider the paid upgrade. Disabled check for updates and yet there it is still, everyday, often several times a day. It's seriously pushing me over the edge now. Just reading about the crashes, bugs and issues in PF9 and the speed at which they are pushing out minor version updates is enough of a warning.... but put all this together and it's painting a pretty poor picture of the state of PF.

Like others, I'm looking for a replacement... this has been making my blood boil and I don't need that sort of stress from a file manager. Thanks Drew, I'll take a look at ForkLift too.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac