Paid Upgrade????

Guenther

01 Nov, 2019 12:08 PM

Hi Pathfinder Moneymaker,
a new paid upgrade, but the version 8 is not running since today correct.
Are you going complitely grazy.
What is wrong with your company, the support is such a pain in the ass, since totay it is not possible to change a filename via doubleclick and now you will have money again.
Do your work and give your customers what they paid for.
its ridiicoulous.
bad regards, you should not outsource to india, the code ist as worst as it can be.
Pay the programmer correct, than they will work better.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by Gerry on 06 Nov, 2019 11:23 AM

PF user since v2, was sufficiently satisfied until v7. I paid for v8 to support the developers, and expecting a meaningful improvement. Instead, months of frustration (still keyboard shortcut customisations do not survive a reboot…). As others have noted, PF9 should have been a free 8.x bugfix to achieve parity with PF7. Will not be updating, will be trying out Forklift.

2. 32 Posted by eins on 06 Nov, 2019 11:55 AM

For the same reason I already switched to Forklift and I have to say if you are willing to rethink some workflows you've gotten used to it provides more or less the same functionality. It is stable so far but I noticed one bug: Handling directories with 20.000+ files will cause the app to crash. Support is informed - we‘ll see...

Update: After a reboot the mentioned crash does not appear anymore.

3. 33 Posted by djjjk on 06 Nov, 2019 10:07 PM

hi Cocoatech,

how can we turn off the annoying sales pitch for PF9? I'm even getting it on an older Mac that wouldn't be able to run it anyway. While looking around for some answers as to wtf is going on with Cocoatech, I noticed that the last entry on the official blog is July 6 2018 ?? Is that a portent of doom? What is that other program others are touting, Forklift? Eltima's Commander one looks interesting too. But hey, it would be better to get PF8 fixed and perhaps rebuild some trust among your faithful user base. How long we are going to be faithful, hard to say?

4. 34 Posted by jonathanmcq on 06 Nov, 2019 10:43 PM

I already reported the upgrading harassment on October 30, 2019 here: "Update
    Request Constant Harassment
    <https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/152377-update-request-constant-harassment>".
    As usual, Path Finder Support is appalling; no answer, just ignored.

5. 35 Posted by Shawn Ecklis on 09 Nov, 2019 10:31 AM

Me too! Cocoatech shame on you!

6. 36 Posted by psijmons on 09 Nov, 2019 02:50 PM

You are right, looks like EOL product and suddenly they want an annual subscription. I don't mind paying for a good product annually but not for a product that is getting worth at every new upgrade. I'm going to test forklift, looks promising indeed

7. 37 Posted by djjjk on 11 Nov, 2019 04:21 PM

aaarrrgh… how can you turn off the UNWANTED update prompts every day!!! They are driving me mad.

8. 38 Posted by tnaseem on 11 Nov, 2019 07:21 PM

For me, I've been running Path Finder for some years and also had Forklift when it was on offer some time ago. I upgraded to PF8, despite already owning Forklift, as I wanted to support its development and was looking forward to the new bells and whistles.

Unfortunately, I've had issues from the start; often switching to Forklift as my secondary, which eventually became my daily driver.

I did just run up PF8 just now to see if there were any updates on bug fixes, but was surprised to be presented, instead, with a paid PF9 upgrade!

So, on that note, it's time to say goodbye.

Sorry chaps,

9. 39 Posted by Kevin on 11 Nov, 2019 09:30 PM

I finally succumbed to the upgrade prompts. Now, Pathfinder hangs o upon launch - "Application not Responding." Any thoughts here? Been using the product since the beginning. Getting frustrated. V8 was not the most stable...not PF doesn't run at all.

macOS 10.14.5

10. 40 Posted by djjjk on 11 Nov, 2019 10:19 PM

Hey Folks,

we are only talking to ourselves in here… no one is hearing our screams! Fcuk em, I'm never upgrading again… think I'll give Forklift a spin.

Adieu

11. 41 Posted by Thomas on 12 Nov, 2019 06:53 AM

I am unsatisfied with this upgrade, too. There seem to be no substantial new features. Why do I have to pay again only to fix mistakes from the former version?

I've tested forklift 2 some time ago and it was no competitor to pathfinder. Because of these comments I found forklift 3 and it seems more interesting (and more eye candy). And: I don't have to use another tool (mountain duck) for sftp connections. I'll give it a try. Before I pay for a pathfinder maintenance release, I'll switch to forklift 3.

Thanks for these comments here.

12. 42 Posted by Jack on 12 Nov, 2019 06:57 AM

We have to write hier to worn other people

https://twitter.com/cocoatech/status/1194120555055550464?s=21

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac