Defining Multiple Shortcuts for an Action and SDK question

chris61986

23 Oct, 2019 05:31 PM

Hello, I'm currently evaluating Path Finder, and it's great. I've only used it for a half hour or so and already like it much more than Finder (Which is terrible after using Windows Explorer). I'm a developer, and I can see it helping productivity quite a bit. I especially like the built-in terminal window, so great job!

One thing I'd like to do, and I don't know if it's possible, is assign multiple shortcuts to a single action.

I'm looking at Preferences > Keyboard > Go > Back and I've assigned my mouse back button for this, but I'd also like to assign backspace. Is there any way to assign both the mouse back button as well as the backspace key?

Also wondering about the SDK.
First: Is this still applicable? https://support.cocoatech.com/kb/features-and-development/can-i-con...
It says Path Finder 5 SDK on the download link.

Second: I haven't looked into the SDK at all yet, but is it feasible to write a plugin with a view that functions similarly to Windows Explorer with a folder tree view? The amount of work or difficulty isn't an issue since it would just be a hobby project. But I figure, before I even get into it, you all could tell me if it's even something I should look into.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 24 Oct, 2019 09:36 AM

Hi Chris,

We don't offer support for multiple shortcuts on the same action as of yet. I will forward your email as a feature request to our developers.

SDK was discontinued (i.e. no longer updated) in Path Finder 8 due to a lack of interest in it (although we are open to the possibility of returning it if there is renewed interest!). Still, one of our users managed to make a PF7 and PF8-compatible plugin:
    https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/126873

We offer a somewhat similar module, Selection Path, and in the List view you may unwrap folders in a tree-like fashion, so it seems possible.

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 24 Oct, 2019 09:36 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac