Shelf module in PF8

nessan

07 Oct, 2019 01:35 PM

Any updates — there has been some requests to reimplement this feature but no sign of it appearing as yet.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 07 Oct, 2019 02:12 PM

Hi Nessan,

Thanks for reaching out!

As you may know, shelves were an antiquated design and we've decided to discontinue them in favor of a much more flexible module arrangements which would never be possible or work with shelves. However, this feature is often requested and our developers already working on a similar functionality!

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 07 Oct, 2019 02:12 PM.

3. nessan re-opened this discussion on 07 Oct, 2019 03:39 PM

4. 2 Posted by nessan on 07 Oct, 2019 03:39 PM

Hi Jordan:

I really meant that I need a Shelf module as exists in PF7–there one can dump a bunch of links to files and folders that are say needed for a particular project to a “shelf”. This particular module is not available in PF8 and makes the product unusable for me.

BTW, while I am not against your module idea it seems like a solution in search of a problem. I would have thought most people configure PF the way they want to see it and rarely if ever change the layout (perhaps except to hide a sidebar on a small portable screen). Just would like to set up the various areas once and be done. However, for me at least, one of those sidebar areas should be a shelf where I can put a bunch of file/folder pointers (the “shelf module” from PF7). I currently have a couple of those on right for two projects.

Best wishes
    Nessan

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac