BUG: Memory leak on PF8 with Preview module

sgreadly

17 Sep, 2019 11:50 PM

@Jordan / Support - I can't seem to reach my source anymore via the beta test team.. I'm wondering if you can pass this to the devs for a fix. Also.. where is everyone?

@All, as FYI in case you're noticing a nasty memory leak with PF8 (several versions I've tested, up to and inc. 8.6). If you have the Preview module enabled, and simply select a .sql, .xml (and possibly other) files, PF will leak memory very quickly.

Quickest way to repro, create a 100Mb .sql or .xml file - content isn't important.

$ dd if=/dev/urandom of=leaky_teets.xml bs=1048576 count=100

And in PF just click on that file to select it. CPU usage will go crazy, and PF will leak (in this example ~100MB/sec or so). Preview module will still show as "No Selection".

I guess the best workaround is to disable the Preview module. I haven't tested this on PF7.

1. 1 Posted by feek on 18 Sep, 2019 09:08 PM

As I've discussed with @sgreadly in the beta test team, also the memory leak is present when pressing CMD-I for SQL or XML files!

== feek

2. 2 Posted by sgreadly on 23 Sep, 2019 08:01 PM

3. 3 Posted by feek on 23 Sep, 2019 08:08 PM

Even blowing fans......

4. 4 Posted by tosbsas on 24 Sep, 2019 04:40 PM

Where can I get PF 9 beta? Update via App doesn't work - I get an error message

5. 5 Posted by sgreadly on 24 Sep, 2019 08:45 PM

At this very moment you can't (at least.. I'm not sure until someone from PF dev/support team can confirm.. when they reply)

6. 6 Posted by tosbsas on 24 Sep, 2019 11:21 PM

oo, so how did you get it (:-))

7. sgreadly closed this discussion on 25 Sep, 2019 08:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac