Synchronized Scrolling

dmwesq

08 Jul, 2013 04:15 PM

I read a previous discussion inquiring about synchronized scrolling. This would be an excellent addition to an already great program. I know Microsoft Word now has that feature, and when trying to navigate through thousands of files in dual pane to see if they are duplicates it would greatly speed the work time if this feature could be added to PF.

1. 1 Posted by Tom on 10 Jul, 2013 07:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, this would be a cool feature, and we'll keep this in mind.

In the meantime, we recently implemented a File Comparison feature, which can be used in dual pane mode by selecting two folders and using Commands > Compare Selected Items... (F9).

Let me know if you have questions.

2. Tom closed this discussion on 10 Jul, 2013 07:40 PM.

3. dmwesq re-opened this discussion on 27 Dec, 2017 04:50 PM

4. 2 Posted by dmwesq on 27 Dec, 2017 04:50 PM

I am catching up on old issues and just tried this but see no way to select two folders in dual pane mode - when you select one it deselects the other. When I click on compare selected items nothing happens (I did install the developer tools when prompted).

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 31 Dec, 2017 09:07 AM.

6. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 31 Dec, 2017 09:07 AM

7. 3 Posted by OLIVIER on 08 May, 2019 09:06 AM

+1!

8. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 May, 2019 02:15 PM.

9. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 10 May, 2019 02:15 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac