Duel Browser Not Working Correctly

gregsgraphics

18 Jul, 2019 06:21 PM

Hi. After recently upgrading to Path Finder 8 and macOS Mojave, I noticed a couple of issues with Duel Browser mode.

FIRST: When you first click on the Duel Browser button in a window, what was in the window moves to the left side. The right side, however, goes to a different folder. It seems to be confused, as there is a "----" in the tab (see attached image "A")

That I can sorta put up with.

SECOND: If I want to change the right-hand side of the window (which I usually do), I will first click inside it to select it (see attached image "B").

When I click on a folder or other item in the "Favorites" area of the sidebar, that folder's contents load in the LEFT-HAND SIDE of the window, instead of the RIGHT side that I wanted.

This basically makes the whole window unusable, and I end up just opening two separate windows which defeats the purpose of this great feature. This was not an issue in v6 and v7.

Please address this. Thanks in advance.

1. 1 Posted by Penguin on 18 Jul, 2019 09:06 PM

Another problem is when you restart Path Finder with dual browser enabled, it never restores the vertical dual browser. It opens a pseudo horizontal browser that doesn’t work correctly until you choose Use Horizontal menu item, then Use Vertical menu item. So every Path Finder start requires 2 extra clicks. This never happened before version 8.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 20 Jul, 2019 11:16 AM

Hi Greg,

A) What is your Starting directory set to in Path Finder -> Preferences -> General? 

B) Could you please open Sidebar's settings (gear icon to the left in the module header) and make sure it's assigned to "Both Panes"? 

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi Penguin, 

Thanks for reporting this. Could you send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application. Here's how to get it: 

1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. 
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder. 
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field. 
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected. 
    5. Click Save and save the sample file. 
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2. 
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us. 

Best Regards, 
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

3. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 20 Jul, 2019 11:16 AM.

4. Jeffrey Yohay re-opened this discussion on 21 Jul, 2019 02:56 AM

5. 3 Posted by Jeffrey Yohay on 21 Jul, 2019 02:56 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Since you closed the discussion on this topic, I can
    only reply to your email. What you’re asking me to do is too hard for a
    customer, I’m afraid that’s your job!

Just run Path Finder, enter Dual Pane mode, choose Vertical, then exit Path
    Finder. Restart Path Finder and while it still says “Vertical” it will be
    in Horizontal mode. You have to click Horizontal, then click Vertical to
    restore it. It’s a simple error to duplicate.

Thanks again,
    Penguin

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 22 Jul, 2019 12:40 PM

Hi Penguin,

We were not able to reproduce this behavior, unfortunately. Could you please take a Sample of the Path Finder after launch where the dual layout is not working for you?

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

7. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 22 Jul, 2019 12:40 PM.

8. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 22 Jul, 2019 02:08 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Path_Finder_Duel_Browser_A.png 113 KB
  • Path_Finder_Duel_Browser_B.png 103 KB
  • Path_Finder_Duel_Browser_B.png 103 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac